2014-03-17 PA Call Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration Call

Meeting Information

PA Work Group Meeting

Minutes
Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270
Participant Passcode: 986210
Go to [1]
Meeting Number: 570 024 369
Meeting Password: pawg1234
Host Key:

Date: Monday

March 17, 2014
Time: 12:00 PM (US Pacific Time, GMT -7)
Quorum Met (Chair+2, Yes/No)? Yes

Facilitator Alex de Leon Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 The Netherlands
X Alexander de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Barry Guinn EPIC, USA
X Brian Postlethwaite DCA eHealth, Australia
X Dave Hamill HL7, International
X Ewout Kramer Furore, The Netherlands
X Patrick Lloyd ICode Solutions, USA
X Lorraine Constable Constable Consulting, Canada

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. HL7 International Frequently Asked Questions / Knowledge Base - ADT
  2. Review FHIR Scheduling Resources.


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
FAQs/KBs - 2.x ADT Dave, Patrick and Lorrane were specifically invited to discuss the FAQs/KBs for v2.x ADTs. A spreadsheet had been sent out for the PAWG to review on 3/18 and HL7 International was hoping to get the WGs review and further input. They clarified that the target date for this effort is 3/24 noon PST. They would like to know what the status is of the review. The WG made clear that it has limited resources for efforts outside of the planned work to be done, but is willing to do what it can. Alex d. had done some review, and provided some direction of the materials supplied, but would need more time to review the Knowledge Base. We agreed to make time and continue addressing the subject in trying to make the due date.

FHIR – Appointment The WG then continued with the development of FHIR resources for scheduling.
In discussing the approach for scheduling it seems there are 2 approaches for scheduling:
Outlook approach… invite participants and they will confirm or reject. Much like a “Doodle poll”.
Alternatively, the patient that wants the appointment, so the scheduling system will define the necessary participants, find out when available and then suggest slots what would fit the request.

After discussion, the WG decided it was to continue on with the “ical”, or “Outlook” approach and be open to working on the Hospital scheduling approach if there was interest and participation to do so.

Ewout suggests that we approach the FMG with this situation for direction regarding the appointment resource. The PAWG had been moving forward with a particular scope. In discussions, it appears that we did not formalize the creation of the appointment resource. FHIR resource proposal must be created. Now it seems we can formalize the scope and craft this. Ewout or Brian will work on the PSS.
Brian will work on the Appointment Resource Proposal and send out to the group to review and provide feeback to be formally reviewed in our meeting on 4/7.

Next Steps:
Adjourned: 1:08 PM PST.

Meeting Outcomes

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Next telecom meeting: 03-24-2014

Navigation

Return to PA Main Page


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.