This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2014-02-20 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/741102173
GoToMeeting ID: 741-102-173

Date: 2014-02-20
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
regrets Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, CIHI
x Matt Grahame, Mobile Health
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Lloyd McKenzie, FHIR liaison
John Ritter, EHR
Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
Rik Smithies, CS liaison
Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2014-02-13 Tooling Call
  • Review action items -
  • Andy will talk to John about Regex expression license - waiting to hear back from Matt
  • Andy (and Dennis) will follow up with Diego on the Education project;
  • Andy will do an assessment of how well HingX meets those FMG registry requirements; Representation of metadata for DAMs might be different from the MIF metadata that Andy and Woody will work on for HingX (Patient Care, CIC) and will provide a starting point.
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • CIC - AMS
    • CS - Rik Smithies
    • CGIT - Rob Snelick
    • Education - Diego Kaminker
    • EHR - John Ritter
    • Electronic Services - Jeff Brown
    • Marketing - Rene Spronk
    • Mobile Health - Matt Grahame
    • Patient Care, RIMBAA - Michael Van der Zel
    • Structured Documents, Vocabulary, Publishing - Andy Stechishin
    • Templates, Open Health Tools - Jane Curry
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    Tooling co-sponsored projects
    • PI# 1062 Publishing and Tooling support for FHIR publication (Publishing sponsor)
    • PI# 1058 FHIR Tooling and Electronic Services Support (ES sponsor)
    • PI# 983 MIF- to OWL conversion (MnM Sponsor)
    • PI# 948 HL7 Work Group Facilitator Training (Education sponsor)
    • PI# 947 HL7 Vocabulary Maintenance in the IHTSDO Workbench (Vocab sponsor)
    • PI# 945 Evaluate NLM Vocabulary Submission Tool (USCRS) at HL7 (Vocab sponsor)
    • PI# 905 V2 Publishing Database Upgrade (Publishing sponsor)
    • PI# 885 HL7 Templates ITS Pilot (Templates sponsor)
    • PI# 829 HL7 Templates Registry Business Process Requirements Analysis (Templates sponsor)
    • PI# 806 Development of policies and procedures of an HL7 terminology authority (Vocabulary sponsor)
  • Other/New Business

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convened 2:10 PM

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - Woody has a technology report
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2014-02-13 Tooling Call Woody moves and Wilfred seconds approval; unanimously approved.
  • Review action items -
  • Andy will talk to John about Regex expression license - waiting to hear back from Matt; details on the library needed, Matt will send to Andy
  • Andy (and Dennis) will follow up with Diego on the Education project; no update
  • Andy will do an assessment of how well HingX meets those FMG registry requirements; Representation of metadata for DAMs might be different from the MIF metadata that Andy and Woody will work on for HingX (Patient Care, CIC) and will provide a starting point. Andy looked at some requirements vis a vis FMG and Lloyd has been updating them. HingX may not provide the total solution; they are looking for a FHIR REST API that probably doesn't work with HingX. He and Woody looked at the MIF metadata and he will post on a wiki page. PSS for Templates into HingX still in development.
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • CIC - AMS is not on the line
    • CS - Rik Smithies reports the CS view is still that we are entering a maintenance phase and will be less active. We would still be interested in model to model comparison tools but not as a high priority. We are not currently doing work that would need that tooling.
    • CGIT - Rob Snelick is not on the line
    • Education - Diego Kaminker is not on the line
    • EHR - John Ritter is not on the line; the EHR-S FM profiling project is moving ahead.
    • Electronic Services - Jeff Brown - report forwarded by Lorraine to Andy of minutes from ES meeting - FHIR project capturing requirements, profile registry cost and development estimates. 5 or more registries with at least three of high priority.
    • Marketing - Rene Spronk is not on the line
    • Mobile Health - Matt Graham submitted PSS to cosponsor a GS1 project which will come to the SD next month. Tooling approved cosponsorship at the WGM
    • Patient Care, AID - Michael Van der Zel is not on the line
    • Structured Documents, Vocabulary, Publishing - Andy Stechishin
      • Andy was unable to attend SDWG prior to the call
      • Woody as interim Vocab liaison has nothing new to report; still trying to figure out status of IHTSDO WB and whether viable as submission tool for SNOMED. General vocab maintenance requirements versus HL7-specific vocab maintenance requirements will be reviewed.
  • Dennis and Lloyd join
    • Templates, Open Health Tools - Jane Curry is not on the line; Andy has not been able to make the calls and has not yet developed the PSS for the interfaces. Andy agrees to take on formal liaison role.
    • FHIR - Lloyd McKenzie reiterates status from ES meeting. He hopes to connect with Mike K at HQ soon and finalize requirements and assess development.
      • Refactoring the build tool is in discussion. Andy adds that migration to Gradle (an ANT-compatible tool ) is of interest. Discussion has been on the committers' list. Most of the process currently in Java.
      • Representation in C# also being discussed, as well as a profile tool from Furore. He hopes it will be available for use by HL7 members in the next 2 to 3 weeks. Potential licensing arrangements still in discussion.
  • Woody - technology update;
    • Microsoft XP support ends April 2014; shall we continue testing apps in XP? E.g. We have announced end of support for Visio 2002.
    • MS Visual Basic 6 running in 64-bit Windows 8.1 environment for continued use of RoseTree
    • New Vocab Widget failing in 64 bit environment: XML transforms, Access and ANT needs Java 32 bit JRE in addition to 64 plus "tweaks" to ANT to fire up the correct Java.

Adjourned 2:39 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.