This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20131203 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2013-12-03
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
x John Quinn Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20131126 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Grahame will address with Electronic Services on FHIR information on the HL7 website. e.g. banner scrolling at the top.
    • FMG & FGB to each discuss term staggering - status of M&C update - defer term staggering to M&C update resolution
    • Ron will schedule Woody, Grahame, Ron, and Austin/John to be on a call to evaluate policy assertions with conformity to ISO Datatypes
    • Ron develop precepts from the risks (conformity assessments, appeal processes, composition of FMG)
    • Align RACI chart for the FMG/FGB relationship with FGB M&C with it and do some mapping.
    • Define metrics for FMG representative reporting to FGB
    • Ron will reach out to Ken to invite him to an upcoming call to discuss the OMG interest
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    • criteria for seeking policy assertions,
    • escalation points on risk items triggering governance action


Minutes

Convened at 8:11 AM with quorum reached

  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20131126 FGB concall - need to get RACI chart updates based on last week's discussion and updates to the minutes. Additional action items identified:
    • Ron to update the Mission and charter with the above RACI and the narrative around roles.
    • Dave to submit the request for an e-Vote for FGB members on the modified Mission and Charter. Once that has been approved by FGB it goes to TSC.
  • Action Item review:
    • Grahame will address with Electronic Services on FHIR information on the HL7 website. e.g. banner scrolling at the top.
    • FMG & FGB to each discuss term staggering - status of M&C update - defer term staggering to M&C update resolution
    • Ron will schedule Woody, Grahame, Ron, and Austin/John to be on a call to evaluate policy assertions with conformity to ISO Datatypes
    • Ron develop precepts from the risks (conformity assessments, appeal processes, composition of FMG)
    • Align RACI chart for the FMG/FGB relationship with FGB M&C with it and do some mapping.
    • Define metrics for FMG representative reporting to FGB
    • Ron will reach out to Ken to invite him to an upcoming call to discuss the OMG interest
  • Discussion of RACI chart continued: Vendor perspective and Health Provider perspective representation reviewed but participation compared to representation by non-members discussed. Nomination without the standing of user group election for now but should lend strength to the perception and authority of FGB with their representation. Ewout notes the vendor participation at connectathons might be a good source. Dave sent out the list of HL7 Providers and Vendors on 11/26. This list can be used for recommendation to John. Current involvement by specific vendors discussed. Vendor's Individuals from Dave's list also need to be able to demonstrate organizational commitment to the asset. Provider individuals need an authoritative voice on provider professional practice (administrative and clinical). John's interest from the vendor perspective is whether they are involved in the data service or process service or both.
    • Add column after company name for "active in FHIR" and poll FGB members and FMG for perception for providers. Representatives may or may not be clinicians.
    • Should we whittle down the list; e.g. filter by individual memberships. Ewout would prefer to scan for organization names and identify individuals. Ron will develop the criteria and provide narrative to accompany the list and send it to the FGB list.
    • Austin asks if we should spam this list (or key people) who might be interested but are not active right now. John can contact key individuals through Accenture's client database too. Reduce the list to those who they think are active and then FGB to review again next week.
  • Membership discussion: how would John designate an alternate? When he's not traveling, it's a matter of remembering the call schedule. If Austin would be hanging around he would be a good alternate. Ken McCaslin would be good - make the CTO/TSC Chair a shared position or share a vote. Product director when that comes into existence will be good.
  • Ron notes that he is stridently encouraging CHI to send two reps to San Antonio connectathon. They are also considering having a Canadian connectathon next fall.
    • Benefit to attending HL7 connectathon vs hosting? 60+ participants to learn from and with on different scenarios. This year's fall workshop keynote his ADP replayed three of Halamka's slides from the HL7 plenary. John wonders if Chuck should be reaching out to Halamka to coordinate the message. Ron wonders if we should ask him to nominate someone to represent his viewpoint in this exercise. John will discuss with Chuck later this week and give an update next week. Ewout notes that we also need visibility on the HL7 website to go along with coordinating this message. John can in the short term ask Karen to have Mike put a link to FHIR on the front page. Narrative also needs to be updated. Does this need to come from the brochure at last HIMSS conference, and a product brief. Need to have a statement of what HL7 is officially saying about FHIR on its website.

Adjourned 8:59 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
    • Grahame will address with Electronic Services on FHIR information on the HL7 website. e.g. banner scrolling at the top.
    • FMG & FGB to each discuss term staggering - status of M&C update - defer term staggering to M&C update resolution
    • Ron will schedule Woody, Grahame, Ron, and Austin/John to be on a call to evaluate policy assertions with conformity to ISO Datatypes
    • Ron develop precepts from the risks (conformity assessments, appeal processes, composition of FMG)
    • Align RACI chart for the FMG/FGB relationship with FGB M&C with it and do some mapping.
    • Define metrics for FMG representative reporting to FGB
    • Ron will reach out to Ken to invite him to an upcoming call to discuss the OMG interest
    • John will ask Chuck about reaching out to Halamka to coordinate the FHIR message and ask him to nominate someone to represent his viewpoint in this exercise, and give an update next week.
    • poll FGB members and FMG for perception for providers
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.