20130827 arb minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
ARB - Meeting (Date in Title)
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda and Minutes
- Other business and planning
|HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator||Parker, Ron||Note taker(s)||Julian, Tony|
|X||Constable, Lorraine||Constable Consulting Inc.|
|.||Curry, Jane||Health Information Strategies|
|X||Dagnall, Bo||HP Enterprise Services|
|.||Hufnagel, Steve||U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System|
|X||Julian, Tony||Mayo Clinic|
|X||Milosevic, Zoran||Deontik Pty Ltd|
|X||Parker, Ron||CA Infoway|
|.||Quinn, John||Health Level Seven, Inc.|
|X||Stechishin,Andy||CANA Software and Service Ltd.|
|X||Kreisler, Austin||HL7 TSC Chair|
|.||Pech, Brian||Kaiser Permanente|
|.||Shakir, Abdul Malik||City of Hope National Medical Center|
|Quorum Requirements(Co-Chair + 3) Met: Yes|
- Minutes and Agenda
- Motion to approve agenda and Minutes:(Lorraine/Zoran)
- Vote 8-0-0
- WGM Planning
- Q4 Build TSC report
- Q5 tsc Report
- Q4 TBD
- CDS meets Q3 - but ArB will skip. Austin thinks correct, but ArB needs to be in the loop.
- Ron: Need to discuss vitality assessment in Cambridge. Have we been superceded by events, do we have to re-factor?
- Ron: Next few weeks FHIR ballot.Do we need to give the FHIR team time to walk through comments? Tuesday?
- Lorraine: Depends on the Comments they receive.
- Thursday Q3/Q4 Planning for January
- Task list:
- Fix 2567 dependency on 2668
- 2689 for Sunday
- 2668 for Sunday - Done
- 2624 for Sunday
- 2640 on Sunday - & Tsc Content
- 2680 depends on Bo
- 2683 depends on Bo
- Sunday Q2/Q3 template/profile discussion.
- Architecture Project
- Austin: Product family architecure session on Wednesday Q3
- Austin: Behavioral framework on Wednesday Q4 - and lessons learned, how to move forward (Lorraine and Patrick)
- Zoran: Australia has adopted SAIF. Zoran will be presenting paper at EHIC in Sydney. Have identified the issue of template. In SAIF-CD we use template to reflect HL7 version, and as specification template. Presented the content of his email of August 27, 2013 subject "Clarification of template entry in the SAIF glossary."
- Zoran: Do we need to specialize it?
- Austin: Yes, templates is defining a definition of templates used on top of the RIM. We have to call it something else.
- Lorraine: We are discussing the canonical definition, and the instatiation in different artifact types.
- Ron: We need to address that a template is an artifact that constrains a model. A Template can be reused as a pattern for reuse. Repeatability and configurabiity of the template is important. IMHO: Template as a constraint on a reference structure can be used variably to represent content, in a way so that you dont have to ballot all variations of the template.
- Zoran: The ODP definition states this:
- <X> Template: The specification of the common features of a collection of Xs in sufficient detail that an X can be instantiated using it. X can be anything that has a type (see 9.9).
- An X template is an abstraction of a collection of Xs. A template may specify parameters to be bound at instantiation time.
- The definition given here is generic; the precise form of a template will depend on the specification technique used. The parameter types (where applicable) will also depend on the specification technique used.
- Templates may be combined according to some calculus. The precise form of template combination will depend on the specification language used."
- Ron: A profile is the guidance to create the instance, the template is the pattern.
- Zoran: do we extend or constrain profiles?
- Ron: In HL7 we typically constrain the profile. FHIR: Profile would explain extenstion.
- Zoran: FHIR uses identity of profiles and resources.
- Bo: I presented the concepts - information modeling domain framework. There is a page on the FHIR wiki on how to use it.
- Zoran: We need to bring FHIR into this.
- Ron: We need to reach out to them by e-mail. We need to satisfy templating as constraint, FHIR, and by extension.
- Austin: Templates will be balloting a templates standard in January.
- Saif Tutorial PSS
- Patrick presented the SAIF tutorial PSS.
- Austin: HL7 members who need to use it for HL7 work, CO-chairs and Facilitators, should get it for free.
- Motion to approve the PSS as amended(Tony/Patrick).
- Vote (Unanimous)
- Lorraine: Since we dont have a steering Division, does this go to the TSC?
- Ron: Yes.
- Austin: Will be presented on September 9 to the TSC
- Meeting was adjourned at 6:00 Pm Eastern.