20130807 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-08-07
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes
Co chairs regrets Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio regrets Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
resigned Jean Duteau x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
x David Hay
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130731_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Membership changes
    • Action items
      • David needs to document the final scenarios for the connectathon
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call as call convenes at 1:02 PM
  • Agenda Check - Lloyd would like to review the ballot intro with the FMG. Lorraine notes Ron wanted to send invites to the ArB. Moved by Lorraine seconded by David to approve the agenda. Unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20130731_FMG_concall no quorum. Lorraine moves approval seconded by John; David and Brian abstain. Passed 2/0/2
  • Administrative
    • Membership changes - Jean has resigned
      • Representation by Steering Divisions was initially sought, and balance among volunteers as well, but not a formal representation. TSC named the members based on recommendation by FGB. FGB won't be meeting again until the 20th.
      • We can ask him to stay on until a replacement is made; need to conduct the liaison with Patient Care. Lorraine reports that the majority of work is being done by herself and Jean right now so another candidate from PC is not obvious. One suggestion was Joginder.
      • Need to ask the TSC if they want to solicit recommendation from the Steering Division again or have FGB/FMG solicit candidates, though FGB doesn't meet until the 20th.
    • Action items
      • David needs to document the final scenarios for the connectathon; David did not get feedback from Grahame on final scenarios. He'll poke him again once he's resolved the build issues.
  • Reports
    • Meeting at the Plenary - David is speaking Monday morning. Reconciliation of comments of primary concern.
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • FGB – no report
    • MnM – first of two scheduled FHIR methodology sessions this afternoon, work through the wiki methodology sections.
    • ArB planning to do ballot review with architecture hats on, and would like to invite FMG and FGB and core team on August 20th at 5 EDT. Lloyd, Ewout, and Grahame as core team are represented on either FGB or FMG. She will send out an invite.
    • FMG Liaisons
      • David has been working with hData and they're going to ballot this cycle, and have put in a lot of effort to align with FHIR. They feel they're complementary to and not in competition with FHIR. JSON alignment and representation is slightly different and are called out explicitly. David is comfortable with its relation to FHIR - Lloyd asks him to do an overview on an upcoming call - Mark Kramer will attend the 21st.
      • QA changes have not yet been made. Lorraine expects they'll be diving in tomorrow. We have until Saturday to get them in. Lorraine will touch base with Grahame on the plans.
      • John reports on the IHE TC meetings last week, where he encouraged ITI committee to participate on document resource and security event. They agreed the supplements to be republished and the additions to mobile health profile a black-box disclaimer to refer to the FHIR resource. This is a positive step towards cooperation instead of competition. One connectathon scenario is a document (XDS) but John isn't aware of who is participating. Those already working on the mobile health documents are also involved with HL7 and should be aware of FHIR. IHE will be looking at profiles using FHIR as soon as next year.
      • He adds a comment on an email from Keith Boone that FMG should review. He reports Keith's remarks on the US interest in FHIR even prior to DSTU. Detractors point to contentious resources as evidence of lack of readiness. What will the segmentation be within FHIR along a maturity model? DSTU timeline and expectations reviewed. Some resources may move to normative faster than others. Some statement on what that timeline might be can be discussed on next week's call and elevate to FGB as the formal future expectations.
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning - FHIR DSTU ballot intro showed by Lloyd for endorsement by FMG. David recommends something like the mind map he had developed. Background and reason first then list of resources and links for more detail. He'll pass it to Grahame with the note that FMG has endorsed and have him insert it into the landing page for the ballot.

Adjourned 1:59 PM.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International