20130709 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2013-07-09
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
John Quinn Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20130702 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Ron to pitch the Vitality Assessment model to the FMG and talk with them about coming up with metrics
    • Grahame will bring a draft approach to policy assertion from the FGB on the approach to extensions and discoverability
    • Ron and Lynn will review FGB_Resource_Contribution_policy_draft policy statements and draft bullets
    • Ron will work with Austin to develop some language around these definitions of management group vs work group in T3SD
      • Ron would like to summarize the FMG as WG recommendation for review with this group and bring to FMG on their next call
  • Begin development on the product brief
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.


Minutes

Convened at 8:14 AM

  • Agenda Review - Woody moves and Ewout seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
  • Approve minutes of 20130702 FGB concall - Ewout comments there are items left over for today's agenda. WG doing major work between WGMs was an issue. Bullet item was Substantive changes to FHIR (PA) between WGMs - advisability and permissibility with smaller participation. Woody moves and Ewout seconds approval of minutes; unanimously approved.
  • Action Item review:
    • Ron to pitch the Vitality Assessment model to the FMG and talk with them about coming up with metrics - Ron was not on last week's call.
    • Grahame will bring a draft approach to policy assertion from the FGB on the approach to extensions and discoverability - still outstanding
    • Ron and Lynn will review FGB_Resource_Contribution_policy_draft policy statements and draft bullets - meeting next week to review
    • Ron will work with Austin to develop some language around these definitions of management group vs work group in T3SD - have not yet discussed; can discuss on Friday morning's call or on the BAM call tomorrow.
      • Ron would like to summarize the FMG as WG recommendation for review with this group and bring to FMG on their next call
  • Begin development on the product brief
    • Ewout thinks we need something even prior to the publication of the DSTU. The HIMSS flyer would be good narrative to start.
    • FHIR designed to be more compact from a developer's perspective, allow rapid development of interfaces from developer's perspective. Addresses semantics where with V3 we used MDA from the RIM. Development used lessons from V3 to blending understanding of the content and the modularity of V2 to create the representational aspect of FHIR. Also represents new use of industry protocol in REST.
    • Where on the web page do we put it. Home page doesn't lend itself to it. Project database is for those developments not yet published. How do we want to represent product lines on the web site? Could put it under commonly-accessed information with "participate". Need to restructure Standards tab with product lines as well.
    • Woody suggests adding it under SAIF under "Find a Resource". Ron suggests a section on new strategic stuff, e.g. CCDA, hot developments, sentinel items, are important to drive attention to the site and give immediate visibility. We should advise ES of our requests and concerns. What about the banner?
    • The next question then is what will happen to V3? Did not obtain the market penetration we had hoped. If you ask each member of the Board you would get different messages. Woody notes you maintain consistency across standards through the core. Austin cautions we have other standards that are not RIM-driven. Semantic anchor is the intent for development.
    • Ewout will pull some narrative from the HIMSS stuff. Need to ask John to ensure the Board members have a sense of what that elevator pitch should be. Need to evaluate an entry on the banner, and entry page to FHIR page or top of FHIR page with the "what is FHIR" elevator pitch.
  • FMG update - freeze was yesterday. Lloyd sent email today asking for QA participants.
    • Lloyd access to pan-Canadian elements in discussion with the Board on the IP permissions with the HL7 Canada affiliate and its relationship to Infoway.
  • Methodology update-
  • Substantive changes to FHIR (PA) between WGMs - advisability and permissibility with smaller participation
    • Ewout describes a change to the PA resource that is 'too big' to be handled on a PA call with a few people as compared to the larger participation at the WGMs, with the risk that decisions would be overturned at the WGM. Woody notes that PA is a more cautious WG than others. Ron notes this is related to the work done between WGMs, ensure it is stable and consistent; we can't just halt development between WGMs. Austin notes the governance system should allow that if they are unable or unwilling to meet the schedule then the FGB should reallocate to the FHIR team and allow PA to review. Ron notes the fundamental precept of timeliness in the development of resources will also create risk in push-back on the development of the resources. Austin notes the mitigation can be that PA should participate in the QA. Validation and buy-in from the PA community needs to be contributed in QA. FHIR Core team needs to broadcast progress to PA to keep them informed. Put this on the FMG agenda for tomorrow.
    • Motion: Where a resource cannot be evolved and its definition developed between WGMs and the sponsoring WG cannot make progress, then the FMG can determine the resource responsibility must be assigned to the Core Team. That assignment can be appealed to the FGB for consideration. Woody moves and Ewout seconds; unanimously approved.

Adjourned 9:06 AM.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Ewout will pull some narrative from the HIMSS stuff.
  • Ron will ask John to ensure the Board members have a sense of what that elevator pitch should be.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • 20130716 FGB concall
  • Need to evaluate an entry on the banner, and entry page to FHIR page or top of FHIR page with the "what is FHIR" elevator pitch and make request to ES WG


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.