20130508 FMG WGM meeting

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: Georgia 8

Date: 2013-05-08
Time: 7:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lloyd
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs X Hugh Glover X Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
Lorraine Constable John Moehrke Lynn Laakso, scribe
X Jean Duteau X Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
X David Hay
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130429_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
  • Reports
  • Resource Proposals
  • Ballot Readiness
  • QA process (previous & next)
  • Sept WGM plans
  • Community Building
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Agenda Approval: David/Hugh unanimous

Connectathon Report

Pros

  • Went well - filled the room (more than 20 people) - 28 max
  • Several observers
  • New people & returnees
  • 2 remote participants (not ideal, better than nothing)
  • 6 clients met 1 or more, 5 servers met 1 or more
  • Vendors & organizations, not just individuals
  • Seem to be building on previous ones

Cons

  • Didn't successfully get 3 streams running
  • Didn't get scenarios or data defined early enough
  • Didn't really "demonstrate" what was done - do we need more of a showcase?


Future

  • Perhaps put together a "build FHIR in a day" tutorial/set of instructions
  • Look at driving scenarios off list of use-cases [[1]]
  • Put connectathon on the Tutorial list?
  • Eventually we want to charge real money. Perhaps next time charge $50 or something/participant
    • partially cover food
    • encourage participation & commitment
    • perhaps adjust fees in the future - if you certify, you pay less next time?
  • Connectathon coming up in Australia, possibly Europe
    • Need announcment in HL7 notice
  • Article in HL7 Newsletter, including announcement of upcoming future connectathons & where
    • This connectathon will be last opportunity to try specification before DSTU is finalized
  • Content will be frozen at ballot - need to ensure the servers are ready at the same time.
  • Aim for 30+ attendees, round tables

FGB report

  • Discussed vitality process
  • Grahame provided stats on resource access - resources + date
    • Start capturing IP address, user's name, operation, search parameters
  • Ewout agrees to capture stats too - will coordinate w/ Grahame on format
  • Discussed process for donating resources
  • Still an open issue for the board to deal with IP issues around submissions (internal and external)
  • Will allow for externally-defined resources in a way to ensure no collisions and encourage community-participation

MnM

Working on methodology


Community

  • Consideration of using Stack Overflow or something like that?
  • Benefit to using the public forum
    • increased public view
  • May be too hard to get the focus narrow enough to be useful
  • Dave will add a wiki-page


Resource Proposals

  • Lloyd will send a reminder to the WGs indicating what resources are missing proposals and requesting proposals to be complete by a deadline (say 2 weeks Monday)
    • Will include examples
  • Lloyd will distribute the Core resources to members of FMG and FGB (probably ~ 2 each), same deadline for completion
  • Will devote a large chunk of time to reviewing proposals on future calls

Ballot Readiness

  • Some WGs doing well, others not so well
  • May need to move content for FM into "Core owned"
  • Pharmacy - ready
  • PA - Patient, Organization ready, but for all - November
    • Will re-factor approach to get "enough" review done by mid-July
  • FM - "ready enough"
  • PHER - ready
  • OO - ready
  • PC - ready
  • Devices - ready or yanked
  • New security stuff - ready

QA

  • Process worked really well 22 participants, 16 actually did some (many all) of review
  • Vocab has agreed to undertake a QA process that involves vetting chunks at a time (once we deem them ready for review)
  • Lloyd will be putting together some tools to aid in validation
  • QA will be repeated in much the same way next round with a solicitation of volunteers. Volunteers will be assigned different topics

WGM Planning

Reps asked to solicit room planning

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items



Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International