20130328 arb minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
ARB - Meeting (Date in Title)
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Report from Architecture Project
- One of the key tasks will be to work out how we manage changes to the spreadsheet structure and the related models to minimize rework
A. Lifecycle Activity Diagrams – Bo and Charlie 1. Review Frieda’s process model and update process lifecycle diagram. – Charlie 2. Create initial activity diagrams and state transition diagrams. – Charlie 1. Formalize diagrams above into EA – Bo 3. Update meta-model profiles, spreadsheets, and models so far to reflect i and ii. – Bo 4. Create a high-level product hierarchy / taxonomy – Bo and Charlie to put together very high level first draft 1. Product Lines 2. Product families 3. Product family sub-components B. Data Capture Spreadsheet – Jane, Ron & AMS 5. Embed definitions for the data capture tool items in the reference section of the spreadsheet – Mostly done – Ron and Jane 6. Harmonize the lists of things in the reference section to the work done by AMS in the product catalog and Ron has done for FHIR – Ron, Jane and AMS 7. Further segment the lists of roles / behaviors etc… by life-cycle stage 8. Steps 1 and 2 need to be redone in new data collection tool – Step 1 done and most of Step 2 done – Ron and Jane C. Update Existing BAM – TBD 9. Update BAM from previous steps – Bo 10. Map flattened UML to proper UML – AMS (to be confirmed) D. BAM New Work – Pass 1 – Fill in remaining lifecycle steps for artifacts, behaviors, participants, roles, and parties – TBD 11. TSC assigns responsibilities to fill out data collection tool for remaining lifecycle stages for ballotable products 12. ArB models the work resulting from TSC assignments E. BAM New Work – Pass 2 – Vitality processes and reusable patterns – TBD 13. Harvest and model the reusable process patterns such as publications, balloting, project scope planning 14. Model vitality process 15. Model processes for context neutral components (data types, cmets, harmonization processes) 16. Modify BAM to reference reusable processes and patterns where appropriate F. BAM New Work – Pass 3 – Include on the why and values – TBD 17. Add to the model and the spreadsheets constructs for the why (means and ends), the value statements and the conformance criteria G. BAM Instance – TBD 18. Start creating exemplary instances from the BAM UNSURE WHERE THESE GO: • Using TSC Risk Assessment, identify organizational and typical product Governance Points and corresponding precepts, metrics, and processes • Conformity assessment processes to guide current or imminent new product development
- Other business and planning
|HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator||Parker, Ron||Note taker(s)||Julian, Tony|
|R||Constable, Lorraine||Constable Consulting Inc.|
|X||Curry, Jane||Health Information Strategies|
|X||Dagnall, Bo||HP Enterprise Services|
|.||Grieve, Grahame||Health Intersections Pty Ltd|
|.||Hufnagel, Steve||U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System|
|X||Julian, Tony||Mayo Clinic|
|.||Loyd, Patrick||ICode Solutions|
|R||Mead, Charlie||National Cancer Institute|
|R||Milosevic, Zoran||Deontik Pty Ltd|
|X||Parker, Ron||CA Infoway|
|.||Quinn, John||Health Level Seven, Inc.|
|X||Kreisler, Austin||HL7 TSC Chair|
|.||Shakir, Abdul Malik||City of Hope National Medical Center|
|Quorum Requirements Met: Yes|
- Motion to approve the Minutes (Jane/Tony)
- Vote: (3-0-1)
- Vice-chair: Discussion has been held to find a replacement for Charlie Mead. We are waiting for an official appointment by John Quinn.
- Update from Bo
- Bo presented the EA model generated from the spreadsheet "tool" Ron and Jane have been developing
- The only change is the addition of parties in the Actor icon.
- Organized the classes into packages based on the meta-model.
- Will relate parties between steps
- non-descript roles like Governor should not be reused
- Roles that are more fully expressed may be re-used
- There are places where the role type and role name are generic.
- We should not name the classes the same as the types
- The problem space analyst appears twice
- Could not be reused because the role is being fulfilled by a different party
- Update from Jane and Ron
- Jane, Ron,and Bo discussed the spreadsheet.
- Discussion turned to questions about the meta-model.
- We need to differentiate between external facing products, and the tools used internally.
- We do differentiate between published, and undercover - not published as a product. Should we type them at governance, methodology, management - this would migrate upwards.
- The advantage would be the nature of the artifact.
- Would apply to a proliferation of roles.
- Ron: Proliferation would cause panic, unless we only show types.
- Bo: Since role and behaviour are sub-typed by governance, methodology and Management, can we derive the the artifact from the behavior?
- Jane: I think that is true.
- Ron, Bo, And Jane need to discuss the sub-step/Major step problem
- Table of responsibilities
- Lifecycle Activity Diagrams (Item A) Charlie is gone, and Bo does not have time.
- Ron discuss with Lorraine, will need helper.
- Will try to get AbdulMalik involved.
- Austin: Reach out to Freida or Dave Hamill to pair with ArB member.
- Ron: Would be happy if we can have a-c done by the WGM - it is aggressive.
- Austin: One of the rate limiting factors is the change rolling out of use of IP. It is an ideal time to reorg, but also a risky time.
- Vitality will be a major discussion topic at the TSC in Atlanta.
- E: BAM New work - Pass 2 Need additional organizational support for discussing the vitality process.
- Ron will be offline in the end of April, so he will only be available for two more calls.
- Adjournment at 6:00pm Eastern
Tony Julian 22:07, 28 March 2013 (UTC)