20130102 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
web meeting https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/286625589

Date: 2013-01-02
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd McKenzie Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 4 no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio regrets Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Jean Duteau Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
x David Hay
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20121217 FMG concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Ron will have some precepts reviewed by FGB on Wednesday and send by Thursday to FMG
      • Lloyd will provide a slide to Austin for use Tuesday morning on expectation of FHIR liaison roles.
      • Ron will take a proposal to the FGB for the documentation of an IHE approach to simulate the MOU with DICOM on working through an HL7 WG.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • FGB
    • MnM
    • Liaisons
  • Process management
    • Developing FMG Management Methodology - see FHIR Methodology Process and FHIR Guide to Designing Resources
      • Has everyone reviewed?
      • Further thoughts on approach/organization?
      • Identify high priority methodology topics
    • FHIR Design patterns - see FHIR Design Patterns
      • Prioritization of methodology elements
      • Process for "formally approving" guidelines and determining strength of enforcement
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
      • What are our plans for QA next ballot?
    • Ballot Planning
      • What are timelines for ballot?
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Convened at 1:05 PM

  • Agenda Check – what do we want to do for next ballot timelines – are we planning to make it for May (add before Methodology) Approved Hugh/Lorraine
  • Minutes from 20121217 FMG concall Hugh moves approval seconded by Jean.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Ron will have some precepts reviewed by FGB on Wednesday and send by Thursday to FMG – Hugh emailed him a reminder.
      • Lloyd will provide a slide to Austin for use Tuesday morning on expectation of FHIR liaison roles.
      • Ron will take a proposal to the FGB for the documentation of an IHE approach to simulate the MOU with DICOM on working through an HL7 WG.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) not available
    • FGB – Ron not available
    • MnM – Lloyd reports they have not met since last call.
    • Liaisons – Hugh was contacting Mobile Health with regard to FHIR stuff in 2013 – he'll drop in on them on Wednesday in Phoenix.
  • David arrives. He notes there are fewer signed up for the connectathon this time than last time. Remote access is still a question. Servers are publicly available, should they set up a skype channel? No response to inquiry on what king of remote access they would like…
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning - what do we want to do for next ballot timelines – are we planning to make it for May
      • Lloyd suggested a mid-June out of cycle ballot. Will need to discuss at the face to face. Lorraine notes we need to identify which resources need to be part of a complete DSTU ballot. Noted to the FGB that they need priorities. Lynn reported from their meeting from the 19th that they discussed the list should encompass those needed to support C-CDA. The OO list should already have those on there. See SVN for tracking spreadsheet for FMG at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2Fgovernance%2FFMG%2F.
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
      • What are our plans for QA next ballot? Not only what content, but what QA process for a DSTU. No current QA guidelines exist for DSTU ballots. Criteria should be whether you can reasonably implement from what is included, notes Hugh though this is not easy to measure. Examples should exercise all things put into the resource (minimal and maximal examples). Lloyd suggests review FHIR QA Guidelines as what must be done versus what might be allowed to slip. David asks about validation of JSON. Lloyd notes current process round-trips XML to JSON and back. No current OCL constraints so that can be permitted to slip. David suggests that an example server as a need for a resource should be required (Server for reference implementation is current with content in the ballot). Lloyd will take that as a question to the FGB. Jean describes an issue of a draft resource expecting changes to the server based on ballot and when does it make sense to make those changes if prior to ballot. We want to avoid content we know is incomplete to be allowed to ballot just to get feedback, in the DSTU. How do work groups get feedback on incomplete resources while DSTU content is being balloted. The scratchpad workspace project is mentioned but is in hiatus. You should also not be in DSTU if you're dependent on something else that is not in the scope of the DSTU.

Adjourned 1:59 PM.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd will take that a question to the FGB on whether an example server is required for a resource to go to DSTU (Server for reference implementation is current with content in the ballot).
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20130107_FMG_concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2012 Health Level Seven® International