20121219 FGB concall notes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 489-406-709

Date: 2013-01-02
Time: 5:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
John Quinn Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20121212 FGB concall notes
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review Ron's draft precept document, associated governance points and risks
  • What resources need to be in the next ballot.
    • On FMG call, suggested that Chairs of FMG and chairs of FGB should review and report back on the wish list of resources for DSTU ballot
  • HL7/IHE/DICOM coordination (John)
  • Next steps: Responsibilities for resources (education, conformity process, appeal process)
    • Education workplan, coordination with Education Director
    • What is the appeal process for those resources not chosen for inclusion in ballot?

Minutes

  • Roll call
  • Agenda Review – add discussion for next call and agenda for WGM
  • Approve minutes of 20121212 FGB concall notes Woody moves and Ewout seconds; unanimously approved.
  • FMG update – discussed recent skype threads
  • Methodology update- requests from MnM to FGB; what resources need to be in the ballot.
  • What resources need to be in the next ballot.
    • On FMG call, suggested that Chairs of FMG and chairs of FGB should review and report back on the wish list of resources for DSTU ballot
    • MnM call requested minimum requirement resources necessary to go to DSTU ballot. C-CDA coverage is an appropriate goal notes Ewout. Need to determine minimum list versus definitive list. Ron says FGB needs to provide guidance on what the criteria are. Want to provide a solution to a business problem and covering C-CDA would be a reasonable first cut. Austin wants enough guidance that the FMG can give a go/no go decision on opening the ballot.
    • Ewout is not sure if we can make it before May. IHE discussions with PCC want workflow in FHIR.
    • FHIR Product line inventory scope is the precept. Need the attributes or qualities of that list for a DSTU package. Metric is a known problem to be solved with set of resources to solve the problem without barriers. Management must determine what the process is to test the assertion.
    • Define the successful trial use of the FHIR standard, notes Austin.
  • Next FMG meeting is January 2nd – how to communicate this discussion. Woody notes that MnM won't really be as involved at this step.
    • Ewout reports Lloyd skype of what must be fixed before DSTU and what can be fixed during DSTU. He seeks guidance from FGB for FMG to determine. Woody notes something like a naming standard might be developed during the DSTU trial but not required to be backwards compatible to the DSTU release when you ballot normative. Modeling structure or breaking change to wire format is what Ewout cautions against. This distinction would be a way to provide segmentation to ballot comments. He may also want to do an out of cycle ballot in July rather than May but not wait for September. Austin notes that OO is stretched too thin to produce the resources that would be considered necessary for the minimum ballot package, certainly not by May.
    • Ron notes a risk of entering May ballot cycle prematurely would prevent DSTU from executing effectively without garnering a zillion ballot comments. Austin notes if you ballot (with intent to publish) a draft standard knowing it's missing critical pieces it ought not be balloted.
    • Ron notes another precept is that we will ballot the FHIR standard as a whole unit – not constrained for one requirement or another, but sufficient for an array of common problems (e.g. the 80%). Woody is reluctant to tell the voter what mindset to bring to it. Need to discuss at the FMG Jan 2nd meeting. Need a definition coming out of the WGM what "sufficient" meant even if it means the DSTU ballot won't be ready for May.
  • Review Ron's draft precept document, associated governance points and risks
    • He needs a couple more hours' work before sending to FMG. Needs to establish which precepts are general and which are related to a stage. Some are management and some methodology related.
  • FMG and FGB need to find time to meet at the WGM.
  • Next call Jan 2nd

Adjourned 6:11 pm

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.