This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20120925 HL7 AP ConCall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

HL7 Architecture Program – 2012-09-25 Meeting

Return to SAIF Architecture Program Wiki Home Page<br\> Return to SAIF AP Meeting Minutes and Agendas

Meeting Logistics


  1. Role Call
  2. Agenda Review
  3. Set agenda/goals for SAIF AP for the coming trimester
  4. Status of the current Tooling Budget
  5. Switch weeks given the conflict with the FTSD call?
  6. Recurring Agenda Items
    1. Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
      1. Any new Coordination items? (Team)
      2. Project Schedule progress (Rick Haddorff)
  7. Action item review (see below)
  8. Next steps

Meeting Attendees

X=Present on Call

Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) David Hamill
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Austin Kreisler TSC Chair
X David Hamill HL7 HQ / Program Manager
X Jane Curry Tooling
Charlie Mead ArB
John Quinn HL7 CTO
Lloyd McKenzie MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt
X Lorraine Constable Composite Order Pjt / OO Behavioral Framework Pjt
X Patrick Loyd OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt
X Rick Haddorff Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt
X Calvin Beebe TSC
Steve Hufnagel ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA
Wendy Huang Implementation Conformance WG
Freida Hall Project Services WG
Alean Kirnak Immunization IG Project
Ioana Singureanu Project Services WG
Lynn Laakso HQ Staff Support
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes


Switch weeks given the conflict with the FTSD call?

  • SAIF AP call will switch weeks; will meet next week, which will probably be a short call.

Set agenda/goals for SAIF AP for the coming trimester

  • For the HL7 AP calls, may rename it to be more HL7 Product Line focused, and hence, renamed to that.
  • Some of the early business will be to continue work delivered by the ArB BAM effort and the TSC's risk assessment and governance work.
  • The calls will take that work and formulate Product Lines for HL7.
  • For the SAIF AP work, starting Oct 2nd at Noon ET, it will be the SAIF AP calls. Those will be every other week and will focus on the original SAIF AP Project #751
  • Jane recommends that an eNews article be sent out about the change in names/labels of the HL7 AP vs. SAIF AP

Status of the current Tooling Budget

  • The Tooling Budget is maxed out for 2012 (calendar year), hence there isn't any funding for accelerating the SAIF IG project.
  • The SAIF AP team should begin work to get our projects on the table for the Tooling Work Group to review it for the Tooling Budget. Jane recommends that the PSS for a project to be reviewed for the Tooling budget should include the Tooling Work Group as a co-sponsor.
  • Tooling needs to have a mechanism to know all the projects that are seeking a portion of the Tooling Budget.

CDA R3 Update

  • Created a Draft for Comment ballot for the September 2012 ballot.
  • One of the big comments was splitting semantics vs. rendering.
  • They plan on doing another Draft for Comment for the Jan 2013 ballot.

HINGX Project Update

  • Jane: The HINGX project may need some SAIF AP coordination in the future.
  • One of the capabilities that could be exploited is the ability to register the intent to do something, and create a collaboration around an instance. The Templates WG is the first to be testing this.

Adjourned 12:47 PM Eastern Time

New Action Items

Austin/Dave - Create a Doodle Poll for the HL7 Architecture Program call schedule.
Dave - Send out updated SAIF AP Outlook meeting requests and update the HL7 Conference Call schedule
Austin/Jane - Work with the Tooling WG to see what it takes to set up a project to accelerate the work on the SAIF IG so that funding can be attached to that work
Austin - Create an eNews article addressing the name/label change of the HL7 Architecture Pgm to the Product Line focus