This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20120807 HL7 AP ConCall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

HL7 Architecture Program – 2012-08-07 Meeting

Return to SAIF Architecture Program Wiki Home Page<br\> Return to SAIF AP Meeting Minutes and Agendas

Meeting Logistics


  1. Role Call
  2. Agenda Review
  3. Plan for Sept 2012 WGM in Baltimore
  4. TSC Governance Discussion Update
  5. Review Governance Related Project Scope Statements
  6. Recurring Agenda Items
    1. Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
      1. Any new Coordination items? (Team)
      2. Project Schedule progress (Rick Haddorff)
  7. Action item review (see below)
  8. Next steps

Action Items to Review

  • Owner:
    • ID # and Description
      • Any update or other question?

Link to the Complete List of Action Items/Issues/Risks (GForge)

Meeting Attendees

X=Present on Call

Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) David Hamill
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Austin Kreisler TSC Chair
X David Hamill HL7 HQ / Program Manager
X Jane Curry Tooling
Charlie Mead ArB
X John Quinn HL7 CTO
Lloyd McKenzie MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt
X Lorraine Constable Composite Order Pjt / OO Behavioral Framework Pjt
Patrick Loyd OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt
X Rick Haddorff Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt
Pat Van Dyke EHR WG
Steve Hufnagel ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA
Wendy Huang Implementation Conformance WG
Freida Hall Project Services WG
Alean Kirnak Immunization IG Project
Ioana Singureanu Project Services WG
Lynn Laakso HQ Staff Support
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes


Review Governance Related Project Scope Statements

  • Austin got the Board of Directors to approve a motion regarding the need to formalize Product Lines in HL7. The Board gave the HL7 AP a free hand in formalizing Product Lines. Board members did have opinions on what should and should not be a Product Line. That is down the line, as we're at the step of defining the process of how to determine Product Lines.
  • The TSC focused on the the interdependence between the 3 Governance related projects.
  • Each PSS probably needs verbiage added to document the relationship and boundaries of each project.
  • Jane: Her understanding is that there is a desire for putting it all in a diagram or process, to show how the projects interact and relationships. Perhaps a swimlane diagram will assist in this.
  • The Implementation project is dependant upon the other 2 projects. It will coordinate the activities of the other two swim lanes.
  • Suggestion: By Baltimore, have a 'picture' that identifies the interdependancies between the projects. The 'picture' may just be words to begin with.
  • Some of the initial tasks/work will be to identify 'precepts' that are needed for these projects. Such as the process and forms to create a new Product Line. The HL7 AP will look at those precepts, the creation of them and the management of them.

Lorraine Update for Orders/Observations WG

  • Weekly calls have been set up and they have a 2 1/2 day face to face session planned for next week.
  • Jane: The ArB did recently complete the definition of a SAIF-compliant DAM

Adjourned 12:51 PM Eastern Time