This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20120710 HL7 AP ConCall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

HL7 Architecture Program – 2012-07-10 Meeting

Return to SAIF Architecture Program Wiki Home Page<br\> Return to SAIF AP Meeting Minutes and Agendas

Meeting Logistics


  1. Role Call
  2. Agenda Review
  3. Review the new PSS that will replace #751 - HL7 Architecture Pgm. The new PSS will focus on rolling out an HL7 Business Architecture as it is developed and evolves.
    1. Approve the new PSS and move the PSS to the TSC for review /approval
  4. Review the Mission and Charter and Scope on the Wiki - what changes are needed based on the change from SAIF AP to HL7 AP?
  5. Continue work on governance process brainstorming ( ProcessBrainstorming.xls located in GForge )
    1. Take a closer look at each process and determine if they are ones the HL7 AP should be formalizing
    2. Refine Brainstorming Spreadsheet Items: Determine if some of the items are really governance processes or not
  6. Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
    1. Any new Coordination items? (Team)
    2. Project Schedule progress (Rick Haddorff)
  7. Action item review (see below)
  8. Next steps

Action Items to Review

  • Owner:
    • ID # and Description
      • Any update or other question?

Link to the Complete List of Action Items/Issues/Risks (GForge)

Meeting Attendees

X=Present on Call

Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) David Hamill
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Austin Kreisler TSC Chair
X David Hamill HL7 HQ / Program Manager
Jane Curry Tooling
X Charlie Mead ArB
X John Quinn HL7 CTO
Lloyd McKenzie MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt
X Lorraine Constable Composite Order Pjt / OO Behavioral Framework Pjt
Patrick Loyd OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt
X Rick Haddorff Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt
Pat Van Dyke EHR WG
Steve Hufnagel ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA
Wendy Huang Implementation Conformance WG
Freida Hall Project Services WG
Alean Kirnak Immunization IG Project
Ioana Singureanu Project Services WG
Lynn Laakso HQ Staff Support
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes


Review the new PSS that will replace #751 - HL7 Architecture Pgm. The new PSS will focus on rolling out an HL7 Business Architecture as it is developed and evolves

  • Charlie: If the TSC is going to serve the governance function (which Charlie agrees they should), somehow the TSC leadership will have to come up with precepts to do that governance, as the HL7 AP group will do the management piece. What is the plan for coming up with the governance.
  • Austin: The TSC probably should set up a governance project. That discussion needs to occur on a TSC call, and perhaps will occur on Monday's TSC call. The TSC will be focusing one of their calls per month on Governance. Note that this is a learning exercise for the TSC. The first goveranance-focused call for the TSC will be this Monday's call, July 23, 2012. The TSC can discuss the HL7 AP PSS and the ArB's PSS on Monday, but won't work on the approval of it, as the TSC will focus on wearing their governance hat, not their approval hat.
  • Timelines are TBD in part because this project will be driven by the Timelines from the ArB's project and the TSC's (yet to be created) Governance project.
  • Regarding the SAIF AP, it probably will continue on as a formalized Product Line structure, and the HL7 Architecture Program will operate at an entirely different level than the SAIF AP.
  • Rick: As far as the Coordination Project, it was focused on the SAIF IG.
  • Austin doesn't think the original Coordination Project may change one bit. There may be a need to create a new Coordination Project to work with HL7 AP.
  • Next Step: Austin would like to forward, as a package, both this PSS and the ArB's PSS together to the TSC.
  • Charlie indicated that the ArB's PSS is pretty much finished. It's got the core text, and will put in the PSS template in Thursday's meeting, hence Charlie expects to be able to send Austin a final version of the ArB's PSS to Austin after Thursday's meeting.
  • Motion: Approve the PSS as drafted. Lorraine proposed the motion. Rick and John 2nd.
    • No opposed. No abstentions. The PSS passes.

Adjourned 13:00 PM Eastern Time

New Action Items

Charlie/ArB - Upon completion (at this Thursday's ArB meeting), forward ArB's PSS to Austin
Austin - forward both the ArB and the HL7 AP PSS to the TSC.