20120710 HL7 AP ConCall
HL7 Architecture Program – 2012-07-10 Meeting
- Dates: Bi-Weekly on Tuesdays
- Time: 12:00 - 13:00 Eastern
- Phone Number: +1 (770) 657 9270
- Participant Passcode: 985371
- Web Coordinates: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/768017802 Meeting ID: 768-017-802
- Role Call
- Agenda Review
- Review the new PSS that will replace #751 - HL7 Architecture Pgm. The new PSS will focus on rolling out an HL7 Business Architecture as it is developed and evolves.
- Approve the new PSS and move the PSS to the TSC for review /approval
- Review the Mission and Charter and Scope on the Wiki - what changes are needed based on the change from SAIF AP to HL7 AP?
- Continue work on governance process brainstorming ( ProcessBrainstorming.xls located in GForge )
- Take a closer look at each process and determine if they are ones the HL7 AP should be formalizing
- Refine Brainstorming Spreadsheet Items: Determine if some of the items are really governance processes or not
- Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
- Any new Coordination items? (Team)
- Project Schedule progress (Rick Haddorff)
- Action item review (see below)
- Next steps
Action Items to Review
- ID # and Description
- Any update or other question?
- ID # and Description
X=Present on Call
|Facilitator||Austin Kreisler||Note taker(s)||David Hamill|
|X||Austin Kreisler||TSC Chair|
|X||David Hamill||HL7 HQ / Program Manager|
|X||John Quinn||HL7 CTO|
|Lloyd McKenzie||MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt|
|X||Lorraine Constable||Composite Order Pjt / OO Behavioral Framework Pjt|
|Patrick Loyd||OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt|
|X||Rick Haddorff||Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt|
|Pat Van Dyke||EHR WG|
|Steve Hufnagel||ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA|
|Wendy Huang||Implementation Conformance WG|
|Freida Hall||Project Services WG|
|Alean Kirnak||Immunization IG Project|
|Ioana Singureanu||Project Services WG|
|Lynn Laakso||HQ Staff Support|
|Quorum Requirements Met: Yes|
Review the new PSS that will replace #751 - HL7 Architecture Pgm. The new PSS will focus on rolling out an HL7 Business Architecture as it is developed and evolves
- Charlie: If the TSC is going to serve the governance function (which Charlie agrees they should), somehow the TSC leadership will have to come up with precepts to do that governance, as the HL7 AP group will do the management piece. What is the plan for coming up with the governance.
- Austin: The TSC probably should set up a governance project. That discussion needs to occur on a TSC call, and perhaps will occur on Monday's TSC call. The TSC will be focusing one of their calls per month on Governance. Note that this is a learning exercise for the TSC. The first goveranance-focused call for the TSC will be this Monday's call, July 23, 2012. The TSC can discuss the HL7 AP PSS and the ArB's PSS on Monday, but won't work on the approval of it, as the TSC will focus on wearing their governance hat, not their approval hat.
- Timelines are TBD in part because this project will be driven by the Timelines from the ArB's project and the TSC's (yet to be created) Governance project.
- Regarding the SAIF AP, it probably will continue on as a formalized Product Line structure, and the HL7 Architecture Program will operate at an entirely different level than the SAIF AP.
- Rick: As far as the Coordination Project, it was focused on the SAIF IG.
- Austin doesn't think the original Coordination Project may change one bit. There may be a need to create a new Coordination Project to work with HL7 AP.
- Next Step: Austin would like to forward, as a package, both this PSS and the ArB's PSS together to the TSC.
- Charlie indicated that the ArB's PSS is pretty much finished. It's got the core text, and will put in the PSS template in Thursday's meeting, hence Charlie expects to be able to send Austin a final version of the ArB's PSS to Austin after Thursday's meeting.
- Motion: Approve the PSS as drafted. Lorraine proposed the motion. Rick and John 2nd.
- No opposed. No abstentions. The PSS passes.
Adjourned 13:00 PM Eastern Time
New Action Items
Charlie/ArB - Upon completion (at this Thursday's ArB meeting), forward ArB's PSS to Austin
Austin - forward both the ArB and the HL7 AP PSS to the TSC.