This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20120626 HL7 AP ConCall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

HL7 Architecture Program – 2012-06-26 Meeting

Return to SAIF Architecture Program Wiki Home Page<br\> Return to SAIF AP Meeting Minutes and Agendas

Meeting Logistics


  1. Role Call
  2. Agenda Review
  3. Review that verbiage of the modified PSS for #751 - HL7 Architecture Pgm regarding what Austin added for the Motion: That the HL7 AP include working out the details on how to apply the product line structure to HL7 work
    1. Approve the revised PSS #751 and move the PSS to the TSC for review /approval
  4. Review the Mission and Charter and Scope on the Wiki - what changes are needed based on the PSS change for #751 from SAIF AP to HL7 AP.
  5. Continue work on governance process brainstorming ( ProcessBrainstorming.xls located in GForge )
    1. Take a closer look at each process and determine if they are ones the SAIF AP should be formalizing
    2. Refine Brainstorming Spreadsheet Items: Determine if some of the items are really governance processes or not
  6. Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
    1. Any new Coordination items? (Team)
    2. Project Schedule progress (Rick Haddorff)
  7. Action item review (see below)
  8. Next steps

Action Items to Review

  • Owner:
    • ID # and Description
      • Any update or other question?

Link to the Complete List of Action Items/Issues/Risks (GForge)

Meeting Attendees

X=Present on Call

Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) David Hamill
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Austin Kreisler TSC Chair
X David Hamill HL7 HQ / Program Manager
X Jane Curry Tooling
Charlie Mead ArB
John Quinn HL7 CTO
Lloyd McKenzie MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt
X Lorraine Constable Composite Order Pjt / OO Behavioral Framework Pjt
Patrick Loyd OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt
X Rick Haddorff Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt
Pat Van Dyke EHR WG
Steve Hufnagel ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA
Wendy Huang Implementation Conformance WG
Freida Hall Project Services WG
Alean Kirnak Immunization IG Project
Ioana Singureanu Project Services WG
Lynn Laakso HQ Staff Support
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes


Review that verbiage of the modified PSS for #751 - HL7 Architecture Pgm regarding what Austin added for the Motion: That the HL7 AP include working out the details on how to apply the product line structure to HL7 work

  • Austin felt that the original scope was primarily to support the development of a SAIF IG, which leaned towards developing V3 standards
  • A charge to the ArB is to take Product Lines into account and that Product Lines may use SAIF differently.
  • Current discussions include the following:
    • The TSC will focus on governance, management and methodology at a higher level.
    • ArB would focus on governance, management and methodology at a product line level.
  • How should detailed governance, etc. be developed for each product line? A simplistic view of the SAIF IG is somewhat naïve. *What we originally called the SAIF IG may be created for each product line. We are in a very different place than when SAIF was originally put in place.
  • Jane: If the ArB is intending to follow typical Architecture Methodology, there are some implicit consequences that should probably be made explicit. These would be areas that people need to investigate and the outcomes of those investigations, and impacts to peoples current work.
  • In the larger picture, Austin views the Architecture Pgm in the management slot, the TSC in the governance slot, and the ArB in the methodology slot.
  • We may note be able to completely modify the PSS until after the ArB gets the TSC to agree what the overarching business architecture is complete. Austin and Lorraine don't think we may need to wait until it's complete, but rather wait until we know what it will look like. Austin pointed out that we still need to have discussions with the Executive Committee and Board on how to apply SAIF to the organization
  • It may be premature in being able to define the new scope of this PSS right now, as it's still evolving from discussion within the ArB. Instead of nailing the scope down, acknowledge that it's in the process of changing. It's premature to write product lines in the PSS until we have a better understanding of what they would look like.
  • Jane suggested that perhaps the PSS can be modified to indicate:
    • The Architecture Program engages with the TSC, the ArB and other emerging governance, management and methodology groups to help sheppard the organizations through the transition (implied or occurring) as HL7 undergoes goal/business architecture and product lines. The PSS will continue to evolve as details emerge.

Adjourned 13:00 PM Eastern Time

New Action Items

Austin - Write a new PSS for the HL7 AP that is considerably simpler and how it fits in a governance, management and methodology framework at the TSC level, and how it will be involved in the roll out of an HL7 business architecture. Austin will bring a draft back to the HL7 AP call in two weeks.