20120529 HL7 AP ConCall
HL7 Architecture Program – 2012-05-29 Meeting
- Dates: Bi-Weekly on Tuesdays
- Time: 12:00 - 13:00 Eastern
- Phone Number: +1 (770) 657 9270
- Participant Passcode: 985371
- Web Coordinates: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/768017802 Meeting ID: 768-017-802
- Role Call
- Agenda Review
- Impacts from changing the name of the Program from SAIF AP to HL7 AP
- The Project Scope Statement
- Mission and Charter
- Scope on the Wiki page
- Continue work on governance process brainstorming ( ProcessBrainstorming.xls located in GForge )
- Review the output from Charlie Mead's SAIF Governance tutorial held at the 2012 May WGM in Vancouver. The looked at mapping HL7 goverenance to the SOA governance model. Charlie took the output from that tutorial and created a draft documement to serve as the basis of SAIF governance
- Take a closer look at each process and determine if they are ones the SAIF AP should be formalizing
- Refine Brainstorming Spreadsheet Items: Determine if some of the items are really governance processes or not
- Determine how best to monitor FHIR activity and it's relationship to the HL7 Architecture Program
- Recurring Agenda Items
- Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
- Any new Coordination items? (Team)
- Project Schedule progress (Rick Haddorff)
- Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
- Action item review (see below)
- Next steps
Action Items to Review
- ID # and Description
- Any update or other question?
- ID # and Description
X=Present on Call
|Facilitator||Austin Kreisler||Note taker(s)||David Hamill|
|X||Austin Kreisler||TSC Chair|
|X||David Hamill||HL7 HQ / Program Manager|
|X||John Quinn||HL7 CTO|
|Lloyd McKenzie||MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt|
|X||Lorraine Constable||Composite Order Pjt / OO Behavioral Framework Pjt|
|X||Patrick Loyd||OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt|
|X||Rick Haddorff||Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt|
|Pat Van Dyke||EHR WG|
|Steve Hufnagel||ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA|
|Wendy Huang||Implementation Conformance WG|
|Freida Hall||Project Services WG|
|Alean Kirnak||Immunization IG Project|
|Ioana Singureanu||Project Services WG|
|Lynn Laakso||HQ Staff Support|
|Quorum Requirements Met: Yes|
Review the output from Charlie Mead's SAIF Governance tutorial held at the 2012 May WGM in Vancouver.
- The group looked at mapping HL7 goverenance to the SOA governance model. Charlie took the output from that tutorial and created a draft documement to serve as the basis of SAIF governance
- Charlie Mead:
- The basis of the discussion that the generation of HL7 artifacts map nicely to the governance framework that Thomas Erl has developed. In Vancouver, they got up to speed on T. Erl's terms. They have a 11 step product development process that focuses on services (linkage between business and technology) and can it be mapped to HL7's product development process.
- Next steps: Determine where HL7's highest risks for failure are. Then we need to apply governance where we are most vulnerable.
- The document Charlie Mead drafted is meant to be a starting point. It shows the mapping and providing a possible initial set of governance points.
- The call then focused on Page 3, item 6 list of HL7 Product Lines that could be subject to governance.
- Jane: The risk profile applies right at the first step identified in Charlie's document. The output of the risk assessment effort
- What should be done with Project #828 - Risk Assessment and Governance for SAIF Architecture Program?
- The TSC is the sponsor; after Vancouver, Dave added the ArB as the co-sponsor.
- Jane may need to change the timelines, sponsorship and deliverables. So, what is the process – do we have to use the current PSS Template? Do the approval process over, or what.
- Both Jane and Austin feel this is a substantive change in scope. Hence, the PSS should be revised. However,
- Jane would like to retain the original information for 828 as an archive. Hence, it was agreed that the easiest way to cross reference the original project info and have the new project info:
- Jane will use the new PSS template, and the project will go through the TSC sponsored project approval process.
- Dave will create a new Project Insight entry for it and archive 828, and have the new project include verbiage referring back to 828.
Impacts from changing the name of the Program from SAIF AP to HL7 AP
- The Project Scope Statement:
- At the onset of this program, Austin felt that an HL7 product would be marked as SAIF Compliant. He's not sure this is the case any more. Austin will review the PSS and make tweaks. To a large extent, the nature of the program is correct.
- Clarification of documentation given that we're understanding that SAIF doesn't need promotion but rather implemented moving forward.
- Mission and Charter / Scope on the Wiki page
- We should review this after modifications are completed to the PSS
Determine how best to monitor FHIR activity and it's relationship to the HL7 Architecture Program
- The HL7 Arch Pgm will support whatever FHIR needs.
- Rick: Add as a coordination point: To be in touch with FHIR task force.
- Austin: FHIR includes aspects of: Governance, management, methodology. All three will need coordination through the Arch. Pgm
- Patrick: In the coming weeks, he'll document the Behavioral Model requirements of the MIF, then insure they're documented well enough (have Lloyd McKenzie review). After that write out the Wrapper requirements and provide them to InM.
Adjourned 13:03 PM Eastern Time
New Action Items
Everyone - review Charlie Mead's output from the SAIF Governance tutorial held at the 2012 May WGM in Vancouver.
Austin - Refine project scope statement for #751 - SAIF Architecture Program to reflect HL7 AP as opposed to SAIF AP.
Jane - Create a new project for the changed in scope, etc. for Project #828 - Risk Assessment and Governance for SAIF Architecture Program use the new PSS template, and the project will go through the TSC sponsored project approval process.
Dave - From Jane's revised PSS for Risk Assessment and Governance, create a new Project Insight entry for it and archive 828, and have the new project include verbiage referring back to 828.
Next Meeting / Preliminary Agenda Items
- Review that verbiage of the modified PSS for #751 - HL7 Architecture Pgm regarding what Austin added for the Motion: That the HL7 AP include working out the details on how to apply the product line structure to HL7 work
- Approve the revised PSS #715 and move the PSS to the TSC for review /approval
- Review the Mission and Charter and Scope on the Wiki - what changes are needed based on the PSS change for #751 from SAIF AP to HL7 AP.