This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20120501 SAIF AP ConCall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

SAIF Architecture Program – 2012-05-01 Meeting

Return to SAIF Architecture Program Wiki Home Page<br\> Return to SAIF AP Meeting Minutes and Agendas


Meeting Logistics

Agenda

  1. Roll Call
  2. Agenda Review
  3. Discuss Patrick's list of ideas for creating resolving the MnM work/resources issue, include a scope, outstanding tasks, budget and plan.
  4. Have Lorraine/Patrick show OO's work to date with the development of SAIF artifacts (Lorraine Constable/Patrick Loyd)
  5. Recurring Agenda Items
    1. Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
      1. Any new Coordination items? (Team)
      2. Project Schedule progress (Rick Haddorff)
  6. Action item review (see below)
  7. Next steps

Action Items to Review

  • Owner:
    • ID # and Description
      • Any update or other question?

Link to the Complete List of Action Items/Issues/Risks (GForge)


Meeting Attendees

X=Present on Call

Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Austin Kreisler TSC Chair
regrets David Hamill HL7 HQ / Program Manager
Jane Curry Tooling
John Moehrke Security Cookbook
John Quinn HL7 CTO
Lloyd McKenzie MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt
X Lorraine Constable Composite Order Pjt / OO Behavioral Framework Pjt
x Patrick Loyd OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt
X Rick Haddorff Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt
Pat Van Dyke EHR WG
Steve Hufnagel ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA
Wendy Huang Implementation Conformance WG
Freida Hall Project Services WG
Alean Kirnak Immunization IG Project
Ioana Singureanu Project Services WG
x Lynn Laakso HQ Staff Support
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Minutes

  1. Agenda Review; Austin adds discussion of FHIR and SAIF. FHIR governance discussion at 4 PM MnM call tomorrow 2012/05/02. Question burning is, is it time to bring FHIR in under SAIF AP? It seems it now is time.
  2. Discuss Patrick's list of ideas for creating resolving the MnM work/resources issue, include a scope, outstanding tasks, budget and plan.
    • Patrick reviews SAIF IG proposal
      • Rough points, numbers for reaching deliverables.
      • Lorraine displays from SAIF Canonical 1.1.4.5 Inter-relationships among the SAIF CD languages. Discussion ensued on inclusion of governance framework.
      • Patrick suggests to augment the proposal to break into phases, SAIF IG needs governance. Breaking into phases can accelerate development of the pieces for different audiences, one piece would be governance. It can remain in scope that way. The GF IG needs to surface a number of implicit governance processes that are already in place.
      • Needs to be on the agenda in Vancouver. There will be an additional discussion with MnM also during the week Tuesday Q1. Austin noted that Grahame expects FHIR governance to come straight out of the TSC and Austin feels that needs to some from the SAIF AP.
      • Patrick encourages input on the wiki page. Austin noted that initial review of potential budgeting with HQ executives it appeared commensurate with the amount of work they expect. However actually budgeting that figure will require consideration from the financial perspective. It's important to bring Grahame and Lloyd back into the work, at a minimum to review SAIF as applied to FHIR.
      • Austin notes that we may get more bang for the buck to "bake in" the methodology of SAIF IG into FHIR than in retrofitting it back into V3 development processes.
  3. Have Lorraine/Patrick show OO's work to date with the development of SAIF artifacts (Lorraine Constable/Patrick Loyd)
    • Lab Order Template wiki page has ToDos and Open Issues showing current work. There is a link to Laboratory Order Conceptual Specification page where the work is being recorded. There are still a number of changes anticipated before the WGM.
    • There is a similar thing for Composite Order but not nearly as filled out, they're really working on Lab and fleshing out the ideas appropriate for the larger Composite order. Mostly in document form, but there are pieces and parts in EA. Lorraine adds that the documents hold BF information from HSSP templates. Diagrams on wiki today are a bit out of date and have been updated more recently. They've reached a point where SAIF IG need is recognized. Question for OO in terms of resources is how to balance those priorities. Need to make the declarations of the assumptions needed to move from the conceptual to the informational levels. Form(at) of declarations needs to be determined. They are working through the experimental mode of developing these declarations but it slows them down. They may have conceptual level artifacts ready for the next ballot at comment level though the recent ArB definition of completeness may not be met.
    • Austin asks if they've learned whether the BF has assisted the development. Patrick notes that they are just reaching the point where binding of constraints to information flows becomes necessary. These conformance statements are expected to allow us to get past problems faced previously. Contract statements (rather than services or messages) have no differences in profiling for conformance statements, and a functional profile is where conformance is asserted. That is the point in the process where they are at right now.
  4. Recurring Agenda Items
    1. Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
      1. Any new Coordination items? (Team)
      2. Project Schedule progress (Rick Haddorff)
  5. Action item review (see below)
  6. Next steps - please attend the MnM call tomorrow.


Adjourned 12:49 PM Eastern Time


New Action Items

None identified