This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20120426 arb minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ARB - Meeting (Date in Title)


  1. Call to order
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of Agenda
  4. Approval of Minutes
  5. Report from Architecture Project
  6. Vancouver F-F meeting
  7. Item2
  8. Other business and planning
    1. Next call May 3, 2012
  9. Adjournment

Meeting Information

HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes

Location: Telcon

Date: 20120426
Time: 4:00pm U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Charlie Mead Note taker(s) Julian, Tony/????
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Bond,Andy NEHTA
. Constable, Lorraine Constable Consulting Inc.
X Curry, Jane Health Information Strategies
X Dagnall, Bo HP Enterprise Services
. Grieve, Grahame Health Intersections Pty Ltd
X Hufnagel, Steve U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System
X Julian, Tony Mayo Clinic
X Loyd, Patrick ICode Solutions
X Lynch, Cecil Accenture
X Mead, Charlie National Cancer Institute
X Milosevic, Zoran NEHTA
. Ocasio, Wendell Agilex Technologies
X Parker, Ron CA Infoway
. Quinn, John Health Level Seven, Inc.
. Guests
. Legend
. Present
. Absent
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes


  1. Call to order
  2. Roll Call
  3. Approval of Agenda
  4. Approval of Minutes
    1. Motion to approve the minutes (Tony/Andy)
    2. Vote (8-0-2)
  5. Report from Architecture Project
    1. Patrick: Austin hatched a plan to speed up the IG. The main leaders behind the definition have been subsumed by FHIR. The idea was to do an out-of-cycle if funding is available. They will put together a proposal for getting the IG done, and present to TSC. The proposal is available at SAIF IG Proposal. Attempting to change the scope - there are sticky issues to handle.
    2. Jane: The sooner we can find the land-mines, the SAIFer we will be.
  6. SAIF-IG
    1. Charlie: The complete version of the SAIF-CD will be sent out by next thursday, to have ready for Saturday's TSC meeting at the WGM.
  7. Strategic Initiatives
    1. Charlie:John Quinn and Austin have requested that the Strategic Initiatives which were sent out to the ARB for review, and comment to the TSC, after which it will be published. Please try to go through the document and send the comments to Tony, Charlie, and Ron for collation.
    2. Jane: There are governance implications. Is the intent to influence processes, governance, etc. to develop implementation plans.
    3. Charlie: John and Austin want HL7 SAIF-IG, FHIR, and strategic initiatives to live in the same universe. The SAIF-CD should not require much bandwidth. In a perfect world we could review next week.
    4. Jane: Need a companion document because this is high level.
    5. Charlie: If ArB input is "you need another document" we need to provide that input.
    6. Cecil: There should be something more concrete. If the job is to review, ArB should weigh in on expanding it.
    7. Jane: You could use this as beginning of a companion document.
    8. Charlie: Most of you were here. Early on there was a discussion of the ArB responsibilities: ArB will be responsible for metrics, TSC for operationalization. TSC and the Board want SAIF-IG, FHIR, and Strategig Initiatived to live together. Put on the agenda for next week.
  8. Vancouver F-F
    1. Vancouver agenda updated
  9. Other business and planning
    1. Next call May 3, 2012 - LAST call before the WGM.
  10. Adjournment
    1. The meeting was adjourned at 4:55 U. S. Eastern

--Tony Julian 21:04, 26 April 2012 (UTC)