This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20120403 SAIF AP ConCall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

SAIF Architecture Program – 2012-04-03 Meeting

Return to SAIF Architecture Program Wiki Home Page<br\> Return to SAIF AP Meeting Minutes and Agendas

Meeting Logistics


  1. Role Call
  2. Agenda Review
  3. Continue work on governance process brainstorming ( ProcessBrainstorming.xls located in GForge )
    1. Take a closer look at each process and determine if they are ones the SAIF AP should be formalizing
    2. Refine Brainstorming Spreadsheet Items: Determine if some of the items are really governance processes or not
  4. Planning for the 2012 May WGM
    1. Monday and Tuesday tutorials (SAIF CD Governance Framework, Part 1 and Part 2)
  5. Recurring Agenda Items
    1. Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
      1. Any new Coordination items? (Team)
      2. Project Schedule progress (Rick Haddorff)
  6. Action item review (see below)
  7. Next steps

Action Items to Review

  • Owner:
    • ID # and Description
      • Any update or other question?

Link to the Complete List of Action Items/Issues/Risks (GForge)

Meeting Attendees

X=Present on Call

Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) David Hamill
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Austin Kreisler TSC Chair
X David Hamill HL7 HQ / Program Manager
Jane Curry Tooling
John Moehrke Security Cookbook
John Quinn HL7 CTO
Lloyd McKenzie MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt
X Lorraine Constable Composite Order Pjt \ OO Behavioral Framework Pjt
X Patrick Loyd OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt
X Rick Haddorff Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt
Pat Van Dyke EHR WG
Steve Hufnagel ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA
Wendy Huang Implementation Conformance WG
Freida Hall Project Services WG
Alean Kirnak Immunization IG Project
Ioana Singureanu Project Services WG
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes


Monday and Tuesday SAIF CD tutorials

  • Thomas Erl will be part of these tutorials
  • Austin encourages everyone on the SAIF AP team to sign up for these tutorials.
  • These are free to cochairs and facilitators.
  • Note that Austin did experience some problems getting the tutorials free when registering. Mary Ann has been working with the meeting registration software vendor to rectify the issue. If others experience similar issues, they should contact Mary Ann and she'll insure you receive the tutorial for free.
  • Charlie Mead and Thomas Erl are conducting a full day SAIF AP session on the Friday before the WGM as well.

OO Project updates

  • The NIB was rescinded and balloting will be postponed as both Lorraine and Patrick got pulled into day job responsibilities.
  • The plan is to ballot in the next cycle.
  • But without MnM work progressing, OO can only move forward just so far.
  • MnM SAIF work is not progressing; FHIR is the biggest obstacle.
  • One idea to get MnM SAIF work to move forward is to hire someone to do the work. Austin will talk to John Quinn regarding this.
  • Another option is to have an out of cycle meeting, but not sure how successful that will be if we're resource constrained.
  • Perhaps a combination of hiring a resource and holding an out of cycle meeting will be the ideal solution.
  • A next step for this would be to bring this forth to TSC to have them promote it as well.
  • Patrick will create a list of ideas that can lead into a proposal for this solution, include a scope, outstanding tasks, budget and plan.

Continue work on governance process brainstorming ( ProcessBrainstorming.xls located in GForge )

  • Got through row 12: 2.x Change Request Process

Adjourned 13:00 PM Eastern Time

New Action Items

Patrick - Create a list of ideas for creating a proposal for resolving the MnM work/resources issue; include a scope, outstanding tasks, budget and plan.
Austin - email the updated Brainstorming spreadsheet to Dave so he can post it to GForge - DONE
Dave - Postpone the April 17 agenda item " Have Lorraine show OO's work to date (Lorraine Constable/Patrick Loyd)" to the May 1 call - DONE