This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2012-03-22 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2012-03-22
Time: 10:00 am EDT
Facilitator: Jane Curry Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Jane Curry, Co-Chair
x Tim Ireland, Co-chair
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Lloyd McKenzie, HL7 Canada/GPi
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2012-03-15 Tooling Call
  • Review action items -
    • Andy will ask the question on whether PHI intends to keep current with updated releases of MIF to the RIMBAA list. (from 2012-03-15)
    • Jane will send a Doodle poll for virtual meeting to identify background on project engagement for Eclipse senior architect (From 2012-03-01) - update: got word yesterday from the Eclipse Architect and the Doodle Poll is on today’s to-do list so should be able to review results in a couple of weeks – now aiming at mid-April
  • Update on V3 Generator Tool [Lloyd] scheduled review based on last estimate...
  • Review projects:
    • PI# 804 GForge alternative assessment
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
    • PI# 803 Tooling DashBoard
    • PI# 802 Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models
    • PI# 665 MIF based Publishing Phase II
    • PI# 611 Template Registry Pilot (Tooling co-sponsor)
  • Other/New Business



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - only review projects on which we have action
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2012-03-15 Tooling Call - Andy moves and Lynn seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
  • Review action items -
    • Andy will ask the question on whether PHI intends to keep current with updated releases of MIF to the RIMBAA list. (from 2012-03-15) - keep open
    • Jane will send a Doodle poll for virtual meeting to identify background on project engagement for Eclipse senior architect (From 2012-03-01) - mornings are preferable, Doodle poll has been sent to list, see http://www.doodle.com/q2bp5n6m99scypqr. Interest in meeting with the architect in Vancouver was explored.
  • 2213: Jane followed up with EHR for a Tooling liaison (Corey's getting married). John Ritter will start looking for a representative and resources for the roles they are taking on and time estimates for roles they can't fill.
  • 2212: Jane meeting with CIC later today. AMS stepping into facilitator role on MAX but need to identify rest of team.
  • Jane asks about vocabulary requirements gathering 'falling off' the Vocab agenda. Andy felt that it had been assigned and was pending report. ACTION ITEM: Andy will follow up.
  • Update on V3 Generator Tool [Lloyd] scheduled review based on last estimate... there won't be anything until after the May WGM.
    • PI# 802 Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
      • Lynn shows the Sandbox:Tooling Work Group wiki page for the draft home page. Woody asks about we need to classify the tools (products/documents) into sets based on their use. Some tools are only used by Lloyd and Woody. Jane agrees that we need to determine that as part of the communication plan. Woody notes that there is a set of tools used to maintain the RIM. Eclipse using Rational Software Architect, stuff to prepare for it, and transforms; a set of tools not well integrated. It should be documented for project managers so that they can maintain a variant RIM. He asks if that should be a separate project and how classified, with a very limited use. Jane feels they may fall into a category like Don's where they are tools for certain uses - Woody notes that now he uses the combined publishing tool. So that category may be those tools that are narrow-purpose intended for certain individuals to use, rather than narrow purpose but applicable to others. Jane notes that when data is bundled with the tool and used in that fashion that is our use, but if unbundled from our data would the tool be useful to a broader audience? Jane asks if Joshua has made progress on the FAQ and documentation pilot - he's about halfway through. Woody asks if he used any of the How-to page information from the wiki home page. Joshua notes that reference to this page should be included in the other formal documentation. Woody points to the project summary on the individual tools on GForge. Josh notes the first level of documentation is what the tools are, who needs them. He's still working on that. He finds the documents could be more unified, because he is referring back and forth to the Tooling FAQ, Ballot Glossary and guide as they're very interdependent. Making small changes such as defining a term the first time you use it would help. Woody notes that hyperlinking the glossary would be an order of magnitude effort. Andy suggests we could take the glossary and turn into a wiki page. Jane notes that there is other glossary material on the wiki that needs to be coordinated with.
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models - see update on action item 2212.
  • Adjourned 10:47 AM EDT.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Andy will follow up on vocabulary requirements gathering 'falling off' the Vocab agenda.
  • Andy will ask the question on whether PHI intends to keep current with updated releases of MIF to the RIMBAA list. (from 2012-03-15)
  • Gforge action items
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.