20111103 arb minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Three (3) weeks until DSTU final content due - November 27, 2011
- Call to order
- Approval of Agenda
- approval of Minutes
- TSC report
- OASIS RAS
- Compliance Statements
- Other business and planning for next meeting
|HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes
Time: 4:00pm U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator||Ron Parker||Note taker(s)||Tony Julian|
|X||Curry, Jane||Health Information Strategies|
|.||Grieve, Grahame||Kestral Computing|
|.||Hufnagel, Steve||U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System|
|X||Julian, Tony||Mayo Clinic|
|.||Koisch, John||Guidewire Architecture|
|.||Loyd, Patrick||Gordon point Informatics LTD.|
|X||Mead, Charlie||National Cancer Institute|
|.||Ocasio, Wendell||Agilex Technologies|
|X||Parker, Ron||CA Infoway|
|.||Quinn, John||Health Level Seven, Inc.|
|Quorum Requirements Met: Yes|
- Call to order at 4:00pm Eastern
- Agenda approved by affirmation.
- Motion to approve October 27, 2011 Minutes (Jane/Tony)
- Vote: 5-0-0
- OASIS RAS
- Charlie: Ken has not done anything with their services stuff. TSC recommended we did not go through TC251, rather the engineering thread.
- Jane: I want to deal with governance.
- Charlie: I will send Ken an e-mail. Woodyand John said that they would help, but we should avoid TC251. Ken is willing to work with us, anybody interested, to write a paragraph we would put in SAIF-CD and they will put in RAS. Thomas Erl wants an article about SAIF for his newsletter. Thomas does not know about RAS, just that it exists, but he has not read it.
- Zoran: I contacted people active in ISO, and have had no response.
- Charlie: I will send Ken an email, copy to Zoran and Jane.
- Zoran: I got in touch with standards Austrailia who will help.
- TSC Report
- Charlie: We got the readings from TSC.
- - Dont use TC251, and no responsibilities to RFH. Our drop-dead date is November 18, 2 weeks from tomorrow.
- ArB responsibilities with the RFH is that we dont have any direct responsibilities. It is expected that it will be SAIF compliant - not at odds with SAIF.
- Conformance Statements
- Jane: My examples are on the wiki.
- Charlie: Can you send them to me by e-mail?
- Jane: My stuff: I am a little bit torn - I want to say things that will bump into the business side of the BF. I would like to work with whoever is working on the BF.
- Charlie: What is to keep you from working with Zoran on those? Then if we have conflicts we can work through them.
- Jane: It is the two archtecture problem issue. IG/IG instance.
- Charlie: You have to be carefull not to say whether you can determine if instances are compliant - that is withing the iG.
- Zoran: Please send me e-mail.
- Jane: Will be happy to send it.
- Andy: Are you discussing IG,or instances of the IG.
- Jane: I stopped before I got to the instances. I worked from the appendix, the governance precepts need to be defined by SAIF, but specific precepts in the IG.
- Jane: The ones we are discussing go in the SAIF-CD for the DSTU.
- Andy: In a separate section?
- Jane: We have not decided.
- Andy: It would be usefull to link the statements to a part of the SAIF-CD.
- Charlie: I used the concept maps to write my compliance statements so I can link to them.
- Jane: I made statements against the structures of the statements, tried not to get into the iG.
- Andy: That is a good start.
- Charlie: I will send you mine.
- Charlie: I will send mine out by end of day Saturday.
- Jane: I was hoping to get feedback on mine. Would like people to look at the discussion page.
- Ron: Charlies comment on directly e-mailing the content is good. People can write on the comment page.
- Jane: I am concerned we would get out of sync. We should be using our tools.
- Charlie: The key term is using. People tend to respond to an e-mail.
- Jane: I will put the comments on the discussion page. I would like to use the discussion page for people to comment before we put them in a document.
- Ron: Good Idea - we will look for them on monday.
- Charlie: Send explicit directions to the arb members.
- Tony: I will add comments from e-mail that I receive.
- Ron: Any other topics?
- Adjourned at 4:30pm Eastern