This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20110601 SAIF AP ConCall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

SAIF Architecture Program – 2011-06-01 Meeting

Return to SAIF Architecture Program Wiki Home Page<br\> Return to SAIF AP Meeting Minutes and Agendas

Meeting Logistics


  1. Role Call
  2. Agenda Review
  3. OO Project Scope Statement Update (Patrick Loyd)
    1. 1850: ID List of Tools that the Composite Order Project Needs. Patrick: Any tools identified?<br\>
  4. Recurring Agenda Items
    1. Review project list to determine which should be brought in under the SAIF AP umbrella (#1855)
      1. Spend 10-15 minutes as a group to go through the projects
      2. Review FTSD projects first; (MnM, InM, SOA, ITS, IC, RIMBAA, Security, Templates, Vocab)
    2. Tooling/Enterprise Architecture Update (Jane Curry)
    3. Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
      1. Any new Coordination items? (Team)
      2. Project Schedule progress (Dave Hamill/Rick Haddorff)
  5. Action item review (see below)
  6. Next steps

Action Items to Review

1865: Determine what steps needs to be completed to acquire the EA software<br\> Jane, is this complete? What is the next step?<br\> Today's Update: None <br\> <br\> 1868: Determine how to actually get the EA Software to the modelers. <br\> Dave has Patrick as the owner. Is this correct or should it be Jane based on her work with Sparx?<br\> Today's Update: None <br\> <br\> 1894: Team to review the SAIF and Sound White paper <br\> Last update: From 2011-05-11 meeting: Perhaps defer publication of this until the SAIF Artifacts definition has been completed (targeted for May), since the Artifacts are referenced in the White Paper.<br\> Jane: What is the status of the SAIF Artifacts Definition?<br\> Today's Update: None <br\> <br\> 1914: Talk to publishing regarding a quality dashboard visible for the balloted item - Austin/Gregg<br\> Gregg: What is the status?<br\> Today’s Update: Did discuss this with Publishing. Doesn’t know if Publishing has created a project scope statement.<br\> Did not complete discussion of what items would translate into a red/yellow/green item.<br\> Next Steps:<br\> Further discussion between Publishing and Austin.<br\> Brainstorm what would constitute a red light vs. yellow light vs. green light.<br\> Continue to work on baking in quality steps while the Artifacts Definition work<br\> Take this into consideration and perhaps create a project scope statement.<br\> <br\> 1913: Write a one or two pager about what the Quality Plan is going to be - Austin/Gregg<br\> Gregg: What is the status?<br\> Today’s Update: The Quality Plan was discussed a bit at the Wed Q4 SAIF AP meeting in Orlando. No paper has been written. <br\> 1914 work is only a portion of the overall Quality Plan. Gregg’s revised Project Scope Statement addresses all the parts a bit, but this paper can expand on it.<br\> Rick: This will be folded into the SAIF Pilot Coordination project as other projects progress.<br\> Close this tracker and add a task for Quality Plan documentation in the SAIF Pilot Coordination schedule<br\> <br\> 1944: Should a SAIF Governance document be created via the SAIF Pilot Coordination Project? <br\> While detailing out the SAIF Coordination project schedule, Rick and Dave wanted the team to discuss if we need to create a new project or GForge tracker item to create a SAIF Governance document. If so, what should the document create?<br\> Team: Thoughts?<br\> Today’s Update: Wait for Jane to provide input<br\> Pat: Anytime Governance isn’t documented, there seems to be issues. Hence, Pat is in favor of developing a Governance document.<br\>

Link to the Complete List of Action Items/Issues/Risks (GForge)

Meeting Attendees

X=Present on Call

Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) David Hamill
Attendee Name Affiliation
Austin Kreisler TSC Chair
Brian Pech Interested Participant
X David Hamill HL7 HQ / Program Manager
Ed Tripp Domain Experts SD \ TSC
X Gregg Seppala Product Quality Plan Project
Jane Curry Tooling
Jim McClay Emergency Care
John Moehrke Security Cookbook
John Quinn HL7 CTO
Lloyd McKenzie MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt
Lorraine Constable Composite Order Pjt \ OO Behavioral Framework Pjt
Patrick Loyd OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt
X Rick Haddorff Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt
Robert Lario Object Management
X Steve Hufnagel ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA
X Wendy Huang Implementation Conformance WG
Gary Dickinson EHR WG
X Pat Van Dyke EHR WG
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

SAIF Pilot Coordination Pilot

  • SAIF Pilot project has been closed. Marc Koehn produced a wrap up report for that project.
  • Perhaps a quick summary of the report presented to the SAIF AP team is a good step.
  • Dave has entered the SAIF Pilot Coordination project schedule. He has exported it into an Excel file, which is available in the SAIF AP GForge docs area, linked from the SAIF AP Wiki page.

Review Project List

  • The group felt they weren’t ready to evaluate the project list as we’re not clear of how the functional models and informational models will change.
  • Rick: It may be better to focus on one or two projects, because at some point, everything should fall under SAIF in some way.
  • Steve: If you ask a project to be a candidate to be a SAIF AP project, what is the objective to be a SAIF AP project? What are you expected to do? We ran into the same problem last year with the SAIF Alpha projects…people weren’t sure of what they were supposed to do. Do we as a SAIF AP team, have a clear understanding (say like a checklist) of what would indicate a project would be a good candidate to be a SAIF project?
  • EHR Functional Model seems to be a good candidate project.

  • Next Step: Wait to discuss with Austin and present the concerns brought forward today.
    • What is the criteria for a project to be a candidate under the SAIF projects? Perhaps we need to create a checklist that will result in listing the criteria.
    • What is the expected product (or exit criteria) from the projects brought in under the SAIF umbrella.

Gforge Accounts can be requested via:

Adjourned 10:55 AM Eastern Time

New Action Items

Rick – Present a summary of Marc Koehn’s SAIF Pilot project report
Rick – Send Dave some days/times that he’s available to meet to follow up on the SAIF Pilot Coordination project schedule
Rick – Touch base with Jane and Patrick to see if they can join the June 8 call.
Dave - Close tracker 1913 and add a task for Quality Plan documentation in the SAIF Pilot Coordination schedule (refer to Gregg’s modified Quality Plan PSS). - DONE