This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20110414 arb minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ArB Agenda/Minutes

Agenda

  1. Call to order
  2. Approval of Agenda
  3. approval of Minutes
  4. Other business and planning for next meeting
  5. Adjournment

Meeting Information

HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes

Location: Telcon

Date: 20110414
Time: 4:00pm U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Charlie Mead Note taker(s) Tony Julian
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Bond,Andy NEHTA
X Curry, Jane Health Information Strategies
. Grieve, Grahame Kestral Computing
X Hufnagel, Steve U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System
X Julian, Tony Mayo Clinic
. Koisch, John Guidewire Architecture
. Loyd, Patrick Gordon point Informatics LTD.
. Lynch, Cecil ontoreason LLC
X Mead, Charlie National Cancer Institute
. Ocasio, Wendell Agilex Technologies
. Parker, Ron CA Infoway
. Quinn, John Health Level Seven, Inc.
. Shakir, Abdul-Malik Shakir Consulting
. Guests
X Beuchelt, Gerald MITRE
. Laskso, Lynn HL7 Staff
. Milosevic, Zoran NEHTA
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Minutes

  1. Call to order at 4:03PM eastern
  2. Approval of Agenda
  3. Discussion of Orlando/Lake Buena Vista Agenda
    1. Agenda on the WIKI was modified
    2. Thursday - plan out next initiative
    3. Governance discussion -
      1. results of SAIF ballot will help with that
      2. How will ArB govern within the SAIF?
    4. SAIF enterprise architecture - what are they doing?
    5. Seems to be a confusion about what is architecture
    6. Needs clarification so we dont go in the wrong direction
    7. Nancy was vocal about a point - notion of the two architecture problem
      1. Business of HL7
      2. Healthcare Enterprise Architecture
    8. We have historically not documented the purpose of the specifications
    9. We tend to assume that many dont understand our specifications
    10. People dont differentiate between the "Fit for Purpose"
    11. We need to document the purpose of the specifications - You need to clarify intent specifically
    12. There are calls to clarify things to the leadership.
  4. We need to pull out the glossary, and replace with an index.
    1. Charlie is getting involved with Thomas Earl's educational machine
      1. One of the things he has is a URL for his glossary. Do you think we should do the same thing?
    2. HL7 has a glossary where SAIF terms can be added.
    3. ArB needs a SAIF glossary. There are misunderstandings between service inventory and service inventory blueprint.
    4. A glossary that is inconsistent with the definitions in the document is confusing.
    5. Steve will create an Index - which should be a basis for a glossary - where the terms are more formally defined.
    6. HL7 has a glossary that it produced by vocab using tooling. We also have a V3 glossary, wherein terms are defined multiple ways in various places.
    7. ArB needs to start by preparing a SAIF book glossary. It would be great to pull it into the HL7 glossary. It would be nice if we were assured that all of the terms in the concept maps are fully and completely defined.
    8. We could use it for judging places for improvement.
    9. If we researched it, we would find all of the terms mostly defined.
    10. A first cut of the glossary would be to go through the documents and ensure that we have a glossary of all of the concepts in the concept maps. We should inventory the concept maps.
    11. Would you have time to align the word index with the concept maps? Yes
    12. An OWL ontology of the SAIF book would be consistent.


Adjournment Tony Julian 21:01, 14 April 2011 (UTC)