This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20101202 arb telcon minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ArB Agenda/Minutes


Thu Dec 02, 2010 04:00 PM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) Please consult for your local times

Goto meeting

Meeting ID: 535-702-651

2. Join the conference call: Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 854126

Meeting Information

HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes

Location: Telcon

Date: 20101202
Time: 4:00pm U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Ron Parker Note taker(s) Tony Julian
Attendee (X Present, ex Excused) Name Affiliation
X Bond,Andy NEHTA
X Curry, Jane Health Information Strategies
. Grieve, Grahame Kestral Computing
X Hufnagel, Steve U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System
X Julian, Tony Mayo Clinic
ex Koisch, John Guidewire Architecture
. Loyd, Patrick Gordon point Informatics LTD.
ex Lynch, Cecil ontoreason LLC
X Mead, Charlie National Cancer Institute
. Ocasio, Wendell Agilex Technologies
X Parker, Ron CA Infoway
. Quinn, John Health Level Seven, Inc.
. Shakir, Abdul-Malik Shakir Consulting
. Guests
X Haddorff, Richard Mayo Clinic
. Koehn, Marc Gordon point Informatics LTD
X Laakso, Lynn Health Level Seven International
. McGaughey, Skip .
. Peres, Greg CA Infoway
X Robertson, Scott Kaiser Permanente
. Rospide, Eddy Albany Medical Center
X Smith, Karen HL7 Technical editor
. Thompson, Cliff OntoSolutions LLC
. Wrightson, Ann HL7 UK
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda Topics

  1. Call to order
  2. Agenda review and approval (Suggestions or additions to and acceptance of agenda)
  3. Approve previous meeting minutes
  4. Project Services
    1. SAIF and Sound whitepaper and
    2. SAIF Implementation Guide
  5. Planning for Sydney
  6. Agenda
  7. Joint Meetings
  8. Request from Karen Smith:
    1. A volunteer to update the SAIF Intro with the remaining reviewer comments.
    2. Approve the DITA training and knowledge transfer plan (especially the dates for DITA training).
    3. Review and approve the SAIF TOC, which shows the high-level DITA structure.
  9. What is still to be done before the WGM?
    1. Define accomplishments for meeting with EHR
    2. Tutorial cleanup/update/consolidation for Sydney.
    3. Charlie will contribute NCI SAIF/IG
  10. Other business and planning for next meeting.


Call to order Agenda review and approval (Suggestions or additions to and acceptance of agenda) Approve previous meeting minutes Project Services

  • SAIF and Sound whitepaper
    • Rick Haddorff: Discussed in cambridge to create a whitepaper. Bringing back progress - will take PPT and turn into whitepaper, to timebox into shorter timeframe, to come up with faster turn-around. The thrust will be the balloting, and not so much of the SAIF focus. Tony will share document with ARB via GFORGE for comment. Rick has started on formatting into whitepaper. Then he will bring back for review -focusing on the processes - with predictable balloting processing. The SAIF artifacts and processes has a deliverable of updated project lifecycle for development.

Ron Parker: So what are the artifacts involved, are there changes?

  • SAIF Implementation Guide
    • Rick Haddorff: Steve & PS have been discussing the SAIF-IG. What is the role of PS? Steve's Executive Summary would be an excellent starting point.

Ron Parker: Merge with NCI SAIF IG.

Rick Haddorff: See PS as documenter, not decision making.

Ron Parker: Correct. ArB is a contributor as organizer, but other groups need to speak to it. The IG needs to dovetail with the process description. We need to assign responsibility within organization.

Steve Hufnagel: Recommendation is that HDF be rename HDM( Development Methodology/Processes) with SAIF focusing on the products.

Charlie Mead: Good Idea. In the beginning we had the discussion of the role of HDF. It was natural for HDF to become SAIF compliant, and become the IG. Separating the process from the artifacts is correct approach. HDF would be process, SAIF-IG would be specifics of the artifacts. Where does ECCF fit?

Steve Hufnagel: Backbone of the products. HDM focus on process, SAIF on products, has more than that, but people will focus on endpoint - ECCF.

Charlie Mead: Need focus on governance. May not need to be branded as separate documents.

Steve Hufnagel: Easier to manage the process from the products - see if we need one or two as we go forward.

Charlie Mead: Two pieces to process: Governance and process?

Karen Smith: Will governance be process or product?

Steve Hufnagel: HDM is a roadmap, not governance. HDM shows how to deal with governance, but not define it. People want a roadmap.

Charlie Mead: Correct.

Jane Curry: Governance is all about knowing your responsibilities, the process is how you carry out the responsibilities. HDF has been how to get the project started - does not discuss going through ballot - other than the GOM there is little expectation guidance. How do we enforce the quality of products before we ship.

Steve Hufnagel: We are agreeing that there is a separation between governance and HDM. HDM may point to governance.

Jane Curry: People are looking to ArB about quality criteria for products to go to ballot, refined to go to ballot for different types of ballot. Primary scope of SAIF and Sound *1.

Rich Haddorff: Yes.

Ron Parker: We have agreement - is there anything else we need to do before WGM to make it productive?

Jane Curry: Need to touch on types of products. The work done to date has been service-oriented: others need to be sorted out.

Steve Hufnagel: PS responsibility as a go-between. It is a collaborative process with PS facilitating between foundational workgroups.

Ron Parker: Rick, how do you feel?

Rich Haddorff: Project scope statement.

Ron Parker: Do we need text in the project about changing HDF to HDM.

Steve Hufnagel: You should point out that MnM owns HDF - if separate project it would be easier to facilitate.

Ron Parker: Propose that to MnM before WGM.

Jane Curry: HDF is not stand-alone, core-principles has product and content implications. Even if separate project is must be cross-workgroup.

Ron Parker: Rick we need to touch base before the WGM.

Tony Julian: We need to finalize before first week of January.

Karen Smith: We need more meetings before WGM.

Steve Hufnagel: We probably will have one more meeting.

Jane Curry: Need Vocab binding as well as MnM for HDM.

  • Planning for Sydney
  • Agenda
TONY update the At-a-glance

Ron Parker: We need to sort out partnersships to make the SAIF real. Need to discuss HDM on Sunday. Governance is outstanding.

Jane Curry: I am re-constructing my last version, and validating the comments received through the end of September.

Jane will ship out by first week of January.

Ron Parker: Discussion of enterprise architecture as a program.

Lynn Lasko: Patrich Loyd developed a prototype?. I will post to ArB.

Charlie Mead: Information Model needs to be discussed. Cecil has developed a IF implementation guide for BRIDGE, but no general IF.

Karen Smith: Will the IF be ready soon.

Ron Parker: Not in time for your close. We will see what we can do, but not sure it will be ready.

Karen Smith: focusing on DITA training, with two classes next week and another two classes in two weeks.

  • Joint Meetings

Ron Parker: What should topics be for joint meetings? We need to touch base to share agenda.

Charlie Mead: I can tell you for SOA and EHR.

Ron Parker: TueQ2 is InC

Charlie Mead: InC is supposed to pick up ECCF.

Ron Paker: There is a short interval between WGM's. We need to discuss with the principals before we arrive. We dont have Vocab a q3 on tuesday.

Jane Curry: We need to invite a rep to Wednesday Q3.

TONY invite Vocab rep to join Tuesday Q3.

Charlie Mead: They are working on a SOA ontology and service taxonomy. They want to make is standard for HL7. EHR has to do with functional model - Pat VanDyke have expressed interest in expressing EHR V2 in SAIF. NCI was participating, but they want more formal hand-holding.

Lynn Lasko:EAP meeting not to be held.

    • Joint with OO/MnM at OO is with BF.

Request from Karen Smith:

  • A volunteer to update the SAIF Intro with the remaining reviewer comments.
    • Andy volunteered. Andy - I only have a half-dozen outstanding
  • Approve the DITA training and knowledge transfer plan (especially the dates for DITA training).
  • Review and approve the SAIF TOC, which shows the high-level DITA structure.
    • What is still to be done before the WGM?
    • Working on new glossary
    • Jane is Arb Liason, Don is responsible for publishing, Andy is liason to publishing.
  • Define accomplishments for meeting with EHR
  • Tutorial cleanup/update/consolidation for Sydney.
    • Ron will listen to intro, it is well framed, and is sufficient, and does not need touch-up
    • IG - Ron needs to touch with Steven and Andy - there is a lot of overlap on the confusions reached - Individual conclusions, and colsolidate.
    • Charlie look at previous deck, and consolidate with NCI IG.
Ron will send deck from Cambridge to Charlie.
  • Charlie will contribute NCI SAIF/IG

Other business and planning for next meeting.

Supporting Documents

List any/all documents to be provided at the meeting, including their URL if applicable. For a WGM, indicate if hardcopies will be supplied or attendees should print off copies themselves

  • Adjourned 5:00pm Eastern

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Tony will update the At-A-Glance agenda
  • Jane will ship GF by January 1
  • Tony will invite VOCAB to send a representative to Tuesday Q3
  • Ron will send Cambridge deck to Charlie
  • Ron, Andy, and Steve will collaborate to merge the implementation tutorial
  • Charlie will chair next weeks meeting
  • Rick will share SAIF-and-sound whitepaper with ArB
  • Charlie look at previous deck, and consolidate with NCI IG.


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items