20100610 arb minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Template:Arb minutes Architecture Board June 10, 2010 Early Call


=Attendance==


Name PresentAffiliationE-mail address
Bond,Andy No NEHTAandy.bond@nehta.gov.au
Curry, Jane Yes Health Information Strategiesjanecurry@healthinfostrategies.com
Grieve, Grahame No Kestral Computinggrahame@kestral.com.au
Julian, Tony Yes Mayo Clinicajulian@mayo.edu
Koisch, John No Guidewire Architecture jkoisch@guidewirearchitecture.com
Loyd, Patrick No Gordon point Informatics LTD. patrick.loyd@gpinformatics.com
Lynch, Cecil No ontoreason LLCclynch@ontoreason.com
Mead, Charlie Yes National Cancer Institutemeadch@mail.nih.gov
Nelson, Dale No II4SMdale@zed-logic.com
Ocasio, Wendell No Agilex Technologieswendell.ocasio@agilex.com
Parker, Ron Yes CA Infowayrparker@eastlink.ca
Quinn, John No Health Level Seven, Inc.jquinn@HL7.org
Shakir, Abdul-Malik No Shakir ConsultingAshikir@COH.org
Guests
Koehn, Marc No Gordon point Informatics LTDmarc.koehn@gpinformatics.com
Hufnagel, Steve Yes U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System Stephen.Hufnagel.ctr@tma.osd.mil
Laakso, Lynn No Health Level Seven Internationallynn@hl7.org
McGaughey, Skip No
Peres, Greg No CA Infowaygperes@infoway-inforoute.ca
Robertson, Scott No Kaiser Permanente</td?scott.robertson@kp.org
Rospide, Eddy Yes Albany Medical Center rospide@mail.amc.edu
Smith, Karen Yes HL7 Technical editorkaren@smithspot.com
Thompson, Cliff Yes OntoSolutions LLCcliff@ontosolutions.com
Wrightson, Ann No HL7 UKann.wrightson@wales.nhs.uk


Call to order

Call to order at 11:00am EDT by chair Ron Parker with Tony Julian as scribe.

Approval of agenda

The agenda was approved by affirmation

prep for fall meeting

  • Tutorials
    • Introduction to SAIF
    • Implementing SAIF (on agenda for another call)

Ron Parker: We should finish the peer review, provide the comments, and assign the work. We will take the feedback, reiterate it into DITA, and address the disposition with the commentors, so they are satisfied with them. Then have an official HL7.org page pointing to the SAIF book.

Karen Smith: Should have the link in the tutorial - which form to be using in the tutorial.

Jane Curry: Does that imply that the tutorial becomes a SAIF book product?

Ron Parker: Yes - we need to enrich the decks with narratives. The value of the tutorial is the presenters comments, specifically on relevance, and expanding understanding. We have to resolve in the next three weeks. Some is easy, some is difficult. In the meantime we need to close on governance, and add to introduction. We need a group review before the peer review - helping Jane to make it correct. We need to be validating it in late august with the community.

Jane Curry: I have July blocked off to heads-down on it. Will accept feedback to February release.


  • OHT Tools

Jane Curry: I sent an e-mail with the link on the tooling workgroup wiki page that will allow comments on the survey, without changing the survey. I am the HL7 liason to OHT, and Tooling is the formal liason group - have presented to tooling. There is a question whethere HL7 has an enterprise architecture approach. ArB has more to say about enterprise architecture than tooling. The Timeline is end-of-June - expectation that the architecture project of OHT will present to the OHT Board of Directors.

Jane Curry: This is a pilot on the draft survey.

Ron Parker: We will push to list, and put on the agenda next week for 20 minutes.

Jane Curry: I am pushing another e-mail to the list now.

Ron Parker: Any comments?

  • complete work at hand
    • Disposition of SAIF comments:

Ron Parker: Tony and I will meet to review the peer review comments on June 15.

  • ECCF is relatively OK
  • BF needs some work
  • GF: need to close on this.
  • IF Cecil had been comissioned to do a draft in a very condensed time.
  • IG Need to develop a strategy that engages the organization.

Charlie Mead: I am writing an architectural governance guide in a SOA context.

Ron Parker: Jane and I will walk through the governance, and please review her February submission.

Charlie Mead: There was a discussion on the difference between SAIF and the HL7 Implementation guide. HL7 will have an ECCF implementation guide in August. ArB can look at NCI implementation guide, and modify for HL7.

Steve Hufnagel: I put in a project scope statement for harmonizing an implementation guide. ArB should be sponsor.

Charlie MEad: Arb should be co-sponsor.

Ron Parker: The heavy lifting should be done by the Work Groups, and ArB being a board.

Steve Hufnagel:Each of the sponsoring organizations should be a co-sponsor with representation.

Ron Parker: Agreed Arb should be primary sponsor.

Charlie Mead: I agree.

Jane Curry: I do also.

Eddy Rospide: I am looking for a way to contribute. Is there a way I can contribute? I can help with the implementation guide.

Charlie Mead: There are 4 IG - we are going to have to work hard on the BF.

Jane Curry: There is a linkage to the GF from the BF.

Ron Parker: We need to engage with the work groups on the IG.

Charlie Mead: The first implementation will be with the IC WG.

Karen Smith: They will have to be merged into one.

Ron Parker: There are iG's for producers, as well as consumers.

Karen Smith: They will be for different audiences.

Ron Parker: collaborate with SOA on managing expectations for CTS2. In June the responses came back to OMG. Galen was going to provide us insight into the responses. We need to set up a joint call with SOA.

  • Survey of interoperability capabilities

Ron Parker: Discussion around the capabilities with the work groups. We dont know what people think the current "AS IS" is. We want people to think about capabilities, not from the technology perspective. How can we speak about these from a SOA approach? Look for this in Stephen's project scope statement.

Steve Hufnagel: The EHRs project proposal includes this.

Ron Parker: We will have do discuss EA support of the business of HL7 Intl. with Chalie McKay

Steve Hufnagel: Consider TOGAF - it works easily and the documentation is good.

Ron Parker: Charlie Mead and I will have conversation with John Q. and Charlie McKay.

  • Other business and planning for next meeting
    • Next Week:
    • Discussing the IF from Cecil
    • Harmonization of Project scope statement HL7 Harmonization Framework and Exchange Architecture (HF&EA)
    • Agree on the Peer review work items
    • Touchpoint on IG.
    • collaborate with SOA on managing expectations for CTS2
    • OHT pilot value proposition survey

Adjournment

The meeting was adjourned at 12:00 U.S. EST.

Tony Julian 22:34, 10 June 2010 (UTC)