20100325 arb minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Template:Arb minutes Architecture review Board Meeting Agenda

 March 25, 2010

Attendance

Name PresentAffiliationE-mail address
Bond,Andy Yes NEHTAandy.bond@nehta.gov.au
Curry, Jane Yes Health Information Strategiesjanecurry@healthinfostrategies.com
Grieve, Grahame Yes Kestral Computinggrahame@kestral.com.au
Julian, Tony Yes Mayo Clinicajulian@mayo.edu
Koisch, John ? Guidewire Architecture jkoisch@guidewirearchitecture.com
Loyd, Patrick ? Gordon point Informatics LTD. patrick.loyd@gpinformatics.com
Lynch, Cecil Yes ontoreason LLCclynch@ontoreason.com
Mead, Charlie Yes National Cancer Institutemeadch@mail.nih.gov
Nelson, Dale ? II4SMdale@zed-logic.com
Ocasio, Wendell Yes Agilex Technologieswendell.ocasio@agilex.com
Parker, Ron Yes CA Infowayrparker@eastlink.ca
Quinn, John ? Health Level Seven, Inc.jquinn@HL7.org
Shakir, Abdul-Malik ? Shakir ConsultingShakirConsulting@cs.com
Guests
Smith, Karen Yes HL7 Technical editorkaren@smithspot.com
Thompson, Cliff Yes OntoSolutions LLCcliff@ontosolutions.com

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Approval of Agenda
  • approval of Minutes

March 4, 2010 Minutes March 11, 2010 Minutes

  • Review of Agenda for the May WGM in Rio de Janeiro

May WGM Agenda

  • Review of action items

http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/saeaf/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=590

  • Task force Statement (30 Minutes)
  • Decision Making Practices(Tony Julian)

http://www.hl7.org/Library/Committees/arb/ARBDEcisionmakingpracticesv3.0.doc

  • Wiki page minimum requirements
  • Other business and planning for next meeting
  • Adjournment

Call to order

The meeting was called to order at 6:00pm U.S. EDT with Ron Parker as chair and Tony Julian as scribe. Quorum was achieved.

Approval of Agenda

MMS to approve the agenda as posted (Jane/Cecil) (7-0-0)

approval of Minutes

March 4, 2010 Minutes March 11, 2010 Minutes MMS to approve the minutes as posted (Jane/Cecil) (7-0-0)

Wiki page minimum requirements

Discussed wiki re-organization.

Review of Agenda for the May WGM in Rio de Janeiro

May WGM Agenda

Jane Curry: reported that education committee considered tutorial on saif in rio, and if we consider it important, we can do it in our assigned meeting rooms- sunday rooms are bigger.

Ron Parker: Charlie said so, then not, then since it is in Rio, we should defer for that meeting.

Jane Curry: We could have an education session in one of our own rooms.

Ron Parker: Tomorrow Info will be done, will send out peer review, with due date in April, spend our time responding to the issues. Lots of SAIF activity in rio.

Jane Curry: We need to get our heads around governance at a face-to-face. There are implementation guide issues, I am trying to keep out of governance doc. It overlaps in all the way HL7 has governance interests, HL7 and othere SDO, how requirements come in, and how WG's manage content, and coherence. We should hammer on Coherence.

Ron Parker: It sounds like Jane needs to do a preamble on a call.

Jane Curry: I started taking abstract principles in the framework, with HL7 specific examples in an implementation guide.

Ron Parker: Sounds like good - assuming that Sunday quarters are Intra-spective, not for other groups focus.

Jane Curry: One other question - TSC meets on Saturday, what is ArB presenting to TSC, and what should we expect from them.

Ron Parker: Expectations of work from TSC, as well as new work. Need to review other things on our horizon for the coming year - need to understand TSC position on that. Charlie will be at TSC on Saturday and will report to us.

Ron Parker: I have not been on the Alpha calls - when we discuss the IG(s), (Methodologies and artifacts) - do we have artifacts emerging from the alpha projects?

Jane Curry: Ask of alpha's prior to WGM?

Ron Parker: Have them expose the artifacts on Wednesday. People are looking for material stuff - artifacts they are familiar with, and the application of SAIF.

Cecil Lynch: From CDA, Keith Boone has done that - and gone a step further, he has gone from the artifacts to linking back to the people who respond to the development/use of the artifacts.

Jane Curry: Where is the document?

Cecil Lynch: I will dig up and put out to list.

Cecil Lynch: Is there a specific time to meet with SOA? The work with Security and SOA TC work plan, SOA has an issue that they would like to have a more formal relationship with SAIF in the next year. We should devote a quarter to meet with SOA and align projects, and improve the dialog.

Ron Parker: Can we ask them to invite us to one of their quarters?

Karen Smith: This is about what we discussed 5 minutes ago. We have access to the education I look forward to receiving the edited Intro file from you. Ron and Charlie, do you have access to the educational materials that Eddie Van Arsdall prepared for NCI? Could those be included with the other Alpha materials?

Charlie Mead: NCI is producing a full SAIF implementation guide, initial focus is ECCF - defining specific artifacts that need to be developed to support CSI in a services environment - DOcuments may be payload, but as a semantic branch. There is a top down initiative, building a set of process capability and core services that did not exist - they are a month from the ECCF. A platform team will do security, and a semantic infrastructure team. Bottom up - from life sciences domain, and other existing. They are reverse engineering one layer at a time. NCI is eager to share everything. SAIF was put on table for thing Federal Health wants to do. NCI will submit. Ken's letter to HL7 called out the differences between the SAIF book and the HL7 implementation guide.

Jane Curry: Needs to be documented.

Charlie Mead: The HDF is the HL7 implementation guide - dont imbed your implementation guide in the SAIF group.

Ron Parker: Our guide is how to generate spec, theirs is ???

Charlie Mead: Three audiences: People who will take implementations and use them -0 will have relatively little use for entire IG. Second group will integrate with them, and deal with localization, reuse, constraints, and will have to dig in hard. Third group is ourselves, and anyone who wants to build from these - they will have to know the most. The IG will be partitioned to address all three groups.

Ron Parker: Makes a lot of sense.

Karen Smith: Charlie: What is the name of the second audience?

Charlie Mead: 1. Adopters, 2. Adapters, 3. Builders - build their own down to PIM.

Jane Curry: We have to be clear from HL7 point of view the scope of the names dont match the business of producing specifications at a universal level.

Charlie Mead: We think it is important for HL7 to separate SAIF from HL7 implementation. We need to use the same grammer, so that interoperability can be determined. As long as we use OMGs three levels of abstraction as our rows, we will have differences of what we put at what level. Important that all use the same grammer, so we can understand differences.

Ron Parker: Down a bunny hole - back to agenda.

Charlie Mead: Need architectural governance. I would suggest that we need to make sure to touch is conformance.

Ron Parker: looks like Tuesday Q2 is meeting with IC.

Jane Curry: We need to discuss localization, as much as MnM an Vocab.

Ron Parker: We should let other listservs know that we will meet with them.

Jane Curry: Tuesday Q2 i am committed to tooling.

Ron Parker: Develop schedule for WGM meeting with other groups.

Jane Curry: From SAIF editing crew? WIll there be any relationship from NCI technical editor - our point disapeared.

Charlie Mead: Eddie is going to be the assigned technical editor to IG. We are getting an architect. Eddie wants to be just a technical writer - so logically he will be writing the NCI IG for SAIF implementation. Someone will be available.

Other business and planning for next meeting

  • Call to order
  • Approval of Agenda
  • approval of Minutes

March 25, 2010 Minutes

  • Review of Agenda for the May WGM in Rio de Janeiro

May WGM Agenda

  • Review of action items

http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/saeaf/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=590

  • Decision Making Practices(Tony Julian)

http://www.hl7.org/Library/Committees/arb/ARBDEcisionmakingpracticesv3.0.doc

  • Wiki page minimum requirements
  • Other business and planning for next meeting
  • Adjournment

Adjourn at 7:01pm

Tony Julian 23:12, 25 March 2010 (UTC)