This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2010-11-16 Online Presence Call Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ES OP Agenda/ Minutes

back to ES Online Presence

Meeting Information

HL7 ES Online Presence Project Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 988978#, http://join.mikogo.com/?sp=&sid=020834690

Date:2010-11-16
Time: 3 pm Eastern
Facilitator Lynn Laakso Note taker(s) Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Bill Braithwaite Anakam, ES CoChair
regrets Josh Carmody HL7 Staff
x Dave Hamill HL7 HQ, ES
. Mike Kingery HL7 HQ, ES
x Lynn Laakso HL7 HQ
Patrick Loyd GPInformatics, ES & OO CoChair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD, ES co chair
. Andy Stechishin GPInformatics, Tooling CoChair
Additional participants are WELCOME!
Quorum Requirements Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve previous meeting minutes from 2010-08-24 Online Presence Call Minutes
  3. Project Tasks update
    • Page protection behavior - review progress of testing MediaWiki upgrade
    • Wiki template for WG home page
    • AUP
  4. Next Steps
  5. New business: review and feedback for Josh on web site

Supporting Documents

Minutes

  1. Agenda review and approval
    • Ken can’t use Mikogo – switch to DimDim
    • Mike not on call; no update on Mediawiki
  2. Approve previous meeting minutes from 2010-08-10 Online Presence Call Minutes Dave/Ken; unanimously approved.
  3. Project Tasks update
    • Page protection behavior - review progress of testing MediaWiki upgrade – Mike not available
    • Wiki template for WG home page
      • Dave asks if Meetings – Logistics should go to the top. Ken thinks you should point back to the HL7.org web site so you don’t have to do maintenance in two places.
      • Dave asked the cochairs for suggested projects as templates for how project pages should look. Ken recounts that Rene doesn’t care for templates on wikis, adding structure to the dynamic nature of wikis.
      • Some wiki pages just point to HL7.org; some groups set up wiki’s just to meet WGH criteria. Lynn would like to measure wiki activity instead of just the presence of a static page, or just remove the wiki criteria. How to measure wiki activity for a WG, for all pages for that WG, could be very difficult.
      • Hot Topics – not everyone uses Hot Topics, Project Services uses GForge. MnM Hot Topics are not necessarily current, they have 46 Hot Topics pages and some over a year old. Bug fixes, thinks that need to be addressed in MnM list are very much like tasks or issues in GForge. Could alternately add a category for Hot Topics in GForge.
      • Ken, with tongue in cheek, moves we use the “effective immediately” directive, from Lynn, to mandate use of GForge issues (as this has been so disastrously *in*effective in the past). This was shot down.
      • Ken notes that ES uses a Tracker for “Next Release” so MnM could create one for Hot Topics. Lynn suggests that whatever we mandate (GForge, Wiki Hot Topics, other) we ask the Work Groups to identify where their issues are tracked. Add category under Additional Resources for Issue Tracking.
      • Ken notes that Janet Rhodes has developer level access ES GForge project, and Bill Braithwaite does not. Lynn will ask Wilfred about that. Bill does not have a GForge account.
      • Ken would like ES to capture responsibility for the landing page. Wiki purists like to maintain the opportunity for chaos, then there are others who resist change. Ken feels the main landing page should belong to HL7 and consider it ‘owned’ and controlled from there, and free to create chaos in other areas. How brave are we? Lynn agrees it would be better coming from a committee than an individual. It might reduce the amount of email going to the cochairs list. Rene prefers the lack of any governance on the community using the wiki, and does not want a process imposed for change, even on the front page. Ken points out inconsistencies in Work Group naming conventions. Dave asked who came up with the sub-headings used there? It was not known.
      • ES present at January WGM to recommend that WG should be specific about where task lists/issue lists are maintained, send location to ES to add to your Additional Resources pointers and give us feedback on the approach. Then in May we can finalize the approach and recommendations. Lynn accepts this as a request for agenda time on the Monday night cochairs meeting.
  4. Next Steps
    • Ken won’t be at the meeting on the 30th
    • Review and feedback for Josh on web site


Adjourned 4:02 PM EST


Meeting Outcomes

-->

Actions
  • Lynn will switch the telepresence to DimDim from Mikogo
  • Lynn will ask Wilfred about Janet Rhodes as developer on ES GForge.
  • Lynn will note Ken's request for agenda time on the Monday night cochairs meeting.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  1. Project Tasks update
    • Page protection behavior - review progress of testing MediaWiki upgrade
    • Wiki template for WG home page
    • AUP
  2. Review and feedback for Josh on web site