2010-04-08 Call Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

To return to the >> Oncology EHR Functional Profile or Agendas and Minutes

HL7 Ambulatory Oncology Functional Profile Meeting

Meeting Logistics

Date/Time: Thursday, April 8, 2010 / 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EST
Location: Phone: 1- 770-657-9270; Passcode: 510269
URL: http://mt202.centra.com/main/Customers/ncicb/ EventID: HL7
Attendees
  • Helen Stevens (co-chair)
  • Carla Wood (co-chair)
  • John Ritter (EHR WG Co-chair)
  • Pat Van Dyke (EHR WG Co-chair)
  • Christine Bester (scribe)
  • Cliff Thompson
  • Gene Kraus
  • Dr. John Ellerton
  • Marilyn Maguire
  • Marjorie van der pas
  • Mollie Ullman-Cullere
  • Kevin Geminiuc

Minutes

  1. Welcome and Introductions
  2. Agenda review and approval
  3. Approval of minutes from previous calls: april 1st
  4. Review Actions from previous meeting(s)
    February 11th Call
    1. ACTION: Christine will add “Nurse Navigator” to the glossary as it compares to “Care Coordinator”.
      • completed
    March 25th Call
    1. ACTION: Section 5.1: Christine to check with caEHR team if there are some standards to add.
      • closed -
    April 1st Call
    1. ACTION: Section 1.2.4 Helen to remove Disease type Example and add more information to Body Site examples as this covers both areas.
      • Completed with Peter's help.
    2. ACTION: Section 3 Christine to check Care Coordinator definition and add synonyms.
      • completed
    3. ACTION: Section 3 Helen to add hyperlinks to/from glossary items and add a reference to the list of standards section..
      • Not completed
    4. ACTION: Section 5.1 Helen to check with Keith Boone for some links that could be included.
      • Not completed
    5. ACTION: Section 7.13 John E to reword to be clinically correct referral to radiotherapy, not radiology.
      • completed
    6. ACTION: Section 7.13 Helen to add context based on caEHR use cases.
      • Not completed
    7. ACTION: Section 7.16 Helen to add context for scheduling requirements - may need to tag this section as requiring further work subsequent to the balloting.
      • completed with Peter's help
    8. ACTION: Section 7.19 Kevin to review and verify that it is clinically correct.
      • Not completed
    9. ACTION: Section 8 Helen to check entire document for any other references and add.
      • completed
  5. Special Discussion Topics
    • This section has been added, as requested, to the start of the agenda to allow for time boxed discussions on specific topics to support the development of principles that guide the detailed analysis.
  6. Document Review Session (1:15 – 2:30)
    • Note that this session may be extended if participants wish to continue working.
    1. Funcitonal Profile Overview Document final pre-ballot review.
      • TOC to be regenerated. The document change history is now clean, so this shows first ballot version. A section is added re: document version and access (provided in PDF format).
      • Acknowledgements – need contact information for Andrew Johnson.
      • I Definition of Scope – changes from Peter from April re: solid vs. non-solid tumors which require different functionality in an EHR as it pertains to measuring the tumors. Information re: the staging and moving from stage to stage for the difference in tumor types. Agreed to keep as good first pass.
      • Highlighted sections will be address by Helen prior to ballot.
      • Gossary - Christine suggests adjusting description of Program Coordinator and replacing with Nurse Navigator, Patient Navigator as synonomous roles.
        • MedScape – reference in chain of trust. Will be added as reference. The Chain of Trust is related to information in an electronic format.
        • Clinical Pathways – removed reference to costs in regard to patient care. What is Medtalk? Deleted the reference. DRGs was defined as diagnosis related groups (as hospitals are paid).
      • Helen is checking the validity of all hyperlinks in the document.
      • 5.1 Specialized Standards Useful in Oncology
        • Need some information on HITSP. There is a caveat on this section re: it’s not complete. Suggestion to contact subject experts in the discussion (Keith Boone should be invited to ballot and point him to this area). We should also invite ASCO reps and oncologists to the ballot re: this section.
      • ACTION: Helen asks about interest in conference calls prior to balloting re: standards. Helen will set up tentative date for 4/22 and distribute a mass email for interested parties.
      • ACTION: Carla will compare the standards listed here and what is being proposed with ARRA/NIST standards.
      • Meaningful use will be highlighted in the document to be sure we don’t miss any of those criteria in this proposal.
      • Storyboard is 6 pages long. Language added re: accepting referral. Added some language around accepted and treatment, not just consultation. Closing the gap on loop of referral.
      • Narratives had a few changes re: outcomes is okay. Referrals had a re-write from Dr. John. Carla suggests changes to “should” from “shall” in generating secondary order.
      • Scheduling – Peter’s changes discusses changes to tests and chemotherapy. When MD orders, it’s Cx:Dy, then the staff assigns date and time. Changes accepted.
      • Helen has a few more electronic references to add from the Glossary. Split into documents, organizational references and electronic references. Carla mentions we might need to add NIST as an electronic reference.
      • Placemarkers are there for tables under development (link to Working Documents on the Wiki).
      • MOTION: Approve the document as reviewed with action items noted and non-substantive cleanup tasks as ready to be submitted for ballot. Moved by Gene, seconded by Cliff, approved unanimously.
  7. Other business
    • After this call, we’ll have weekly meetings. Alternate detailed review calls (line by line DC1) next week.
    • Next general team call on 4/22. Several team members meeting on EHR and out of pocket. SO, we could do 2 weeks of detailed review. Then first general meeting on 4/29, where we would cover ballot support discussion. We would have ample time to generate interest to attend calls re: ballot support. Then every other week will be detailed review. May 13th & 20th will be cancelled due to the WGM. May 27 will be review progress on ballot outcome. June 3rd will be next detailed review call.
    • Helen needs volunteer to do detail review. Gene K will participate. Preferably, these volunteers would be oncology providers, or those who know the functional model well. As we go through the detailed review, we’ll identify items for the general team discussion. Helen would also like to post in the agenda which subjects will be addressed on the team calls. Members may then attend calls of interest. Pat will help as time permits. John E. will also help in detailed review.
    • Next ballot cycle is quite a way away, but there is an enormous amount of work to be done in the interim.
    • Agenda next week: ballot support Q&A. Ballot review will be on the agenda each week for convenience. We’ll start with direct care functions next week. Helen will post some topics.
  8. Agenda items for next meeting (April 15th):
    1. Ballot support Question/Answer
    2. Direct Care Section detail review
  9. Meeting adjourned: 1:10 pm Central.