2010-03-16 Online Presence Call Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
back to ES_Online_Presence
|HL7 ES Online Presence Meeting Minutes
Location: dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 988978#, GoToMeeting ID: 733-885-482
Time: 3:00 PM EDT
|Facilitator||Lynn Laakso||Note taker(s)||Lynn Laakso|
|X||Bill Braithwaite||Anakam, ESemail@example.com|
|regrets||Freida Hall||VA, ESfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|X||Dave Hamill||HL7 HQ, ESemail@example.com|
|X||Mike Kingery||HL7 HQ, ESfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Lynn Laakso||HL7 HQemail@example.com|
|regrets||Patrick Loyd||GPInformatics, ESfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|regrets||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD||Kenneth.H.McCaslin@QuestDiagnostics.com|
|'Quorum Requirements n/a|
- Agenda review and approval
- Review and comment on previous minutes
- Review Minutes template wiki draft and rtf version.
- Identify next steps - see Project Objectives and deliverables from Project Scope
- Comment: the Minutes template wiki draft looks nice, but makes life as an editor of such documents really hard unless one is an experienced Wiki/HTML editor. Which I am - but still, I would hesitate to use the template as is. I like the table "header" with the attendees, name of the meeting etc. , as well as the idea of a separate section to re-capture action items and motions. However, for the minutes themselves I'd personally probably NOT use a table format, and stick with the numbered/bulleted list options as provided by the Wiki syntax. Using a HTML syntax also has the disadvantage that the RSS feed becomes harder to read, I discovered updates on this page via RSS. Rene spronk 07:08, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
- No changes to agenda - GoToMeeting id is wrong. using 733-885-482
- No comments on minutes
- WGM format in RTF might discourage people from posting their minutes daily. Minutes section would need to be templated to mark by quarter or day if using multiple-day format for WGM minutes. Breaking down the attendance by day is not carried through to how to make the minutes template adjustments for each quarter. For purposes of defining attendance that's fine for recording purposes (like a sign-in sheet) but for minutes it should reflect the attendance at a single session with the minutes of the discussion for that session. It's a small portion of the groups that meet multiple times at a working group meeting that would need such a structure.
- Rene's comments discussed. Table above for header and attendees, and table below for actions. Mike indicates if you copy the template you should never have to mess with that formatting.
- No one on the call has used an RSS feed from the Wiki; will need to investigate. If the table format does not change the comments contained in the table it should be a moot point.
- Document not how often a work group should meet but to post minutes whenever more than two people are discussing the business of their work group. Minutes of whatever was discussed even when quorum is not met. It's not about a new document/minutes each month but a new document of minutes within two weeks of a meeting (any meeting). We have decided that they have to be posted to the website. Lynn posts minutes after they've been approved.
- What about an interim service that picks them up from a wiki page and posts them on the website. Could lay out a manual, step-by-step mechanism for how to do it. Would be nice once it's in the wiki to have it easier for the cochairs than to ask them to make a copy in Word or something and post them a second time. But if the web site is the formal, persistent location then we need to start with an instruction sheet on how to make it happen. Someday then we can work towards a mechanism that you 'point' to your wiki and it pulls in the minutes in the desired format. With the position that the HL7 WG web page (hl7.org/library/whatever) is the repository then having the meeting minutes dynamically redirected is not desirable.
- Next steps; update cochair handbook with this stuff. Lynn will recap changes for the next meeting.
- Adjourned 03:49 pm EDT.
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|