20091119 arb minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Architecture Board

November 19, 2009


Attendance

Name PresentWith AffiliationE-mail address
Aneja, Paul ? Guest    
Bond, Andy Yes ArB    
Curry, Jane ? ArB Health Information Strategiesjanecurry@healthinfostrategies.com
Grieve, Grahame ? ArB Kestral Computinggrahame@kestral.com.au
Hufnagle, Steve ? Guest    
Julian, Tony Yes ArB Mayo Clinicajulian@mayo.edu
Koehn, Marc Yes Guest   
Koisch, John ? ArB NCIkoisch_john@bah.com
Loyd, Patrick ? ARB Gordon point Informatics LTD. patrick.loyd@gpinformatics.com
Lynch, Cecil ? ArB ontoreason LLCclynch@ontoreason.com
Mead, Charlie ? ArB Booz Allen Hamiltoncharlie.mead@booz.com
Nelson, Dale ? Arb II4SMdale@zed-logic.com
Ocasio, Wendell ? ArB Agilex Technologieswendell.ocasio@agilex.com
Parker, Ron Yes ArB CA Infowayrparker@eastlink.ca
Peres, Greg Yes Guest   
Platt, Joe ? Guest Ekagra Software Technologiesjplatt@ekagrasoft.com
Quinn, John ? ArB Health Level Seven, Inc.jquinn@HL7.org
Robertson, Scott Yes Guest Kaiser Permanente 
Shakir, Abdul-Malik ? ArB Shakir ConsultingShakirConsulting@cs.com
Smith, Karen Yes Guest Technical Editorkaren@smithspot.com
Thompson, Cliff Yes Guest OntoSolutions LLC cliff@ontosolutions.com
VanArsdall, Eddie ? Guest

Agenda

  • Call to Order
  • Roll Call
  • Marc Koehn, Ron Parker, Tony Julian, Karen Smith, Cliff Thompson, Scott Robertson, Andy Bond, Greg Peres
  • Approval of Agenda
  • Approval of Minutes November 12, 2009 Minutes
  • Update From Karen
  • SAEAF Alpha Projects
  • Other business and planning for next meeting
  • Adjournment

Call to Order

The meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM U. S. Eastern with Ron Parker as Chair, and Tony Julian as scribe. Quorum was achieved.

Approval of Agenda

The agenda was approved by affirmation.

Approval of Minutes

Minutes of November 12, 2009 Minutes were approved by affirmation.

Update from Karen

Karen Smith: just started with the DITA conversion.

Karen: I am trying my best to do all the work - currently i dont need anything, I need someone to review the ECCF document.

Ron G Parker: Hi guys... just waiting to get the GTM started

Karen Smith: starting dita conversion this week

Karen Smith: review eccf doc

Karen: I am trying my best to do all the work - currently i dont need anything, I need someone to review the ECCF document.

Ron G Parker: Thank you Karen - that is what we expect.

Karen Smith: you're welcome

SAEAF Alpha Projects

Marc Koehn:Wanted the opportunity to see where things were. At the Atlanta meeting we made breakthru with projects signing up, to exercise the materials. Folks leaving Atlanta were at different levels. Others are figuring it out. Key enabling factor was an ArB Liason to each project to ensure movement in the right direction. Have Liasons had any success?

Grahame Grieve: my apologies today - I'm in a meeting

Patrick E Loyd: same for me. still in harmonization

Karen Smith: were some of the folks at harmonization this week?

Getting meeting info, will be back shortly

Ron G Parker: Hi guys... just waiting to get the GTM started

Karen Smith: starting dita conversion this week

Karen Smith: review eccf doc

Karen Smith: I am trying my best to do all the work - currently i dont need anything, I need someone to review the ECCF document.

Ron G Parker:Thank you Karen - that is what we accept.

Karen Smith: you'[re welcome

Marc Koehn:Wanted the opportunity to see where things were. At the Atlanta meeting we made breakthru with projects signing up, to exercise the materials. Folks leaving Atlanta were at different levels. Others are figuring it out. Key enabling factor was an ArB Liason to each project to ensure movement in the right direction. Have Liasons had any success?

Ron G Parker: Marc Koehn

Ron G Parker: Have you reviewed that on your other calls?

Ron G Parker: Dale gave us an update - the project has problem making progress with quorum. I would be prepared to do an update on the INFOWAY one. Trying to understand what our opportnities are to speak in Phoenix.

Marc Koehn:Identifying quarters where we can have individual focus on where they are, what the issues are, a roll up the sleeves working session.

Marc Koehn: Lynn and I have snet out e-mail to prep for the discussions in Phoenix. A few projects have had no traction.

Marc Koehn:Othere than PASS and INFOWAY others are struggling to get going.

Ron G Parker: Sanity check at WGM - external visibility and expectations are not being met.

Grahame Grieve: CDA R3 work will start soon.

Ron G Parker: Anxious that people see us as more mature than we are.

Marc Koehn:Call to action: Liasons try to prod the projects to provide a simple charter, with baseline stock of 3x4 matrix, where the project is in definition, and timelines.

Ron G Parker: TSC will back you up on requiring that.

Marc Koehn:This is the first step.

Marc Koehn: Anticipating that sitting with the projects struggling issues: Dont understand, need more training, Status of the SAEAF book - can we publish timeline and notion of completeness.

Ron G Parker: Karen Smith is On track to have the basic elements in place in mid-december. By WGM will have good sense of where we are pushing stuff out.

Karen Smith: My goal is to have the phase 1 done by Dec 18th.

Ron G Parker: Thanks Karen.

Marc Koehn:Excellent.

Ron G Parker: Have we pushed our phase1 and phase 2 to the community? Do you need the timeline by the December meeting?

Karen Smith: what is the schedule and scope for phase 2 -- has anyone defined that?

Ron G Parker: No I think that is notiional.

Marc Koehn:As long as we know we are trending to Phoenix. We will start threads to get the quarters aligned for the one-on-one.

Ron Parker: Action: Push note to ARB to provide alpha projects of Dec1 meeting.

Marc Koehn:http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=EA_IP

Ron G Parker: Next week meeting will be American Thanksgiving, so this committee will not re-convene until after Dec1. meeting.

Marc Koehn:Thank you.

Ron G Parker:I have an update: the ECCF promise to Jane Gilbert - there was to be dialog about it. We talked about, and choose to be very careful and align our responses. I will forward the communication from Charlie now.

Ron G Parker: Charlie is back, but not settled in. I have been on TSC calls, there is still a lot of strong interest in this work. Dialog on TSC in terms of strategy of quality. Needs to be component of the next conversation or today.

Ron G Parker: Have people been following threads on the listsrv? "We can and must improve quality"

Ron G Parker:Meeting is adjourned. Meeting was adjourned at 6:29PM U. S. Eastern Tony 00:50, 20 November 2009 (UTC)