20091029 arb minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Architecture Board

October 29, 2009


Attendance

Name PresentWith AffiliationE-mail address
Aneja, Paul ? Guest    
Bond, Andy ? ArB    
Curry, Jane Yes ArB Health Information Strategiesjanecurry@healthinfostrategies.com
Grieve, Grahame ? ArB Kestral Computinggrahame@kestral.com.au
Hufnagle, Steve ? Guest    
Julian, Tony Yes ArB Mayo Clinicajulian@mayo.edu
Koisch, John ? ArB NCIkoisch_john@bah.com
Loyd, Patrick ? ARB Gordon point Informatics LTD. patrick.loyd@gpinformatics.com
Lynch, Cecil Yes ArB ontoreason LLCclynch@ontoreason.com
Mead, Charlie Yes ArB Booz Allen Hamiltoncharlie.mead@booz.com
Nelson, Dale Yes Arb II4SMdale@zed-logic.com
Ocasio, Wendell ? ArB Agilex Technologieswendell.ocasio@agilex.com
Parker, Ron Yes ArB CA Infowayrparker@eastlink.ca
Platt, Joe Yes Guest Ekagra Software Technologiesjplatt@ekagrasoft.com
Quinn, John ? ArB Health Level Seven, Inc.jquinn@HL7.org
Robertson, Scott ? Guest Kaiser Permanente 
Shakir, Abdul-Malik ? ArB Shakir ConsultingShakirConsulting@cs.com
Smith, Karen ? Guest Technical Editorkaren@smithspot.com
Thompson, Cliff Yes Guest OntoSolutions LLC cliff@ontosolutions.com
VanArsdall, Eddie Yes Guest

Agenda

  • Call to order
  • Roll Call
  • Approval of Agenda
  • Approval of Minutes of the October 22 Telecon
  • Feedback to Karen on DITA topic Map
  • Communication
  • ECCF responses for ICWG
  • Karen's strategies for techical editing for rest of year.
  • Other business and planning for next meeting.
  • Adjournment

Call to order

The meeting was called to order at 10:00am U. S. Eastern with Ron Parker as Chair and Tony Julian as Scribe. Quorum was achieved.

Approval of Agenda

The agenda was approved by affirmation.

Approval of Minutes of the October 22 Telcon

ECCF responses for ICWG

Charlie Mead:In the ECCF there is a mature stack: with all artifacts, and immature stack is partial. Conformance has tried to address level of maturigy of documenationg. We could not call them levels because of the confusion about levels of abstraction in ECCF. Do we want to in the saeaf enforce levels of documentation.

Jane Curry: Level 0 is no specification.

Charlie Mead: the tricky part is to incorporate levels - we know what a mature stack is, can we granulate between level 0 and fully mature. We can respond that we will incorporate, but not at this time.

Jane Curry: Accept the idea, offer to use it as implementable(platform specific) and talk about level of maturity of the document:

Charlie Mead: interesting - what if we said a level 0 is unacceptable, level 1 Pim, level 2 Pim and Pism, Level 3 is full .

Ron Parker: The levels they use are not right for the emerging content. They would engage in the content.

We need to send to ICWG post haste. So ICWG will engage.

Charlie Mead: Ron would you forward to Jane Gilbert.

  • Approve comments (or their edits as necessary) for return to the ICWG.
 Approved:

Charlie Mead: ICWG is confortable with our 'levels' being different.

  1. Approve a motion that requests that the ICWG harmonize all of the ECCF terms of art with ICWG terms and supply the ArB with the resulting, latest version of its ICWG documentation. (Resolution should note that the ECCF will include the ICWG concept of Compatibility)-
Approved
  1. Approve a motion stating that the ArB needs to set up a formal work-stream with the ICWG to ensure a deeper understanding of and relevance to the concepts PROFILE and CONFORMANCE LEVEL. NOTE: The former is currently not formally included in the ECCF (although the Behavior Framework has an explicit notion of Conformance Profiles – see attached Profile documentation from NCI courtesy of John Koisch and Alan Honey), which the latter may address issues of "grading" or "levelling'” immature Specification Stack instances.
 Approved

Jane Curry: we have not yet incorporated real localization and extension.

Charlie Mead: I told Karen early on - has modified graphic to allow localization between pim and pism. We have a grpahic that needs to be written about - around ICWG's concept of compatability.

Jane Curry: Show up in governance - localazation falls in the jurisdiction.

Charlie Mead: NCI is adopting with localization.

Ron Parker: They have ownership about expression. We have a few action items.

Other business and planning for next meeting

Next call will be at 6:00 PM U.S. Eastern Ron Parker: Future ARB topics:

SOAML (new version OMG wants us to engage with) 1/2 of a call

Greg to give an alignment assessment with TOGA semantic efforts - full call

Adjournment

Meeting was adjourned at 11:05