For a more recent orientation please watch these four videos:
- Video 1 - Introduction to EBMonFHIR [7 minutes]
- Video 2 - How to get involved with EBMonFHIR [1 minute]
- Video 3 - Introduction to the EvidenceVariable resource [11 minutes]
- Video 4 - Introduction to the Evidence resource [22 minutes]
Submitting WG/Project/Implementer Group
Clinical Decision Support WG
This is the second connectathon of the EBMonFHIR project. Implementers need to work together to confirm ability to share the most basic element of "Summary of Findings" reports used heavily across systematic reviews and clinical practice guidelines. At the last Connectathon we created 4 resources (Evidence, EvidenceVariable, EffectEvidenceSynthesis, RiskEvidenceSynthesis) to meet this goal but found implementers not present found it confusing to implement.
We learned the need to make Profiles and perhaps an Implementation Guide and will focus the time on simpler implementations of the same basic use cases.
The EBMonFHIR project page can be found at http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=EBMonFHIR
Clinical input requested
Not needed but clinicians may find the Evidence-Based Medicine concepts being developed of high interest and clinicians helped improve the model at the last connectathon.
CDS Hooks and Clinical Reasoning tracks are likely to have overlap of interested parties but are not ready to be combined at this stage.
Proposed Track Lead
Brian Alper balper (at) ebsco.com brian.alper
potential participants from Europe - Cochrane, Duodecim, MAGIC, EvidencePrime
Please include information here regarding how much advance preparation will be required if creating a client and/or server.
Transmit a summary of findings from medical research.
Receive a summary of findings from medical research.
- Action: The Evidence Reporter will transmit a Summary of Findings table as a collection of one Evidence resource (Synthesis profile) and multiple EvidenceVariable, EffectEvidence and RiskEvidence resources; and the Evidence Consumer will receive it and reproduce the Summary of Findings table in their system's format.
- Precondition: None
- Success Criteria: The data displayed in the Summary of Findings results in the format of the Evidence Consumer is consistent with the results of the Evidence Reporter.
- Bonus point: Bonus #1 can be sharing reference citations in a form that can be reproduced between systems. Bonus #2 can be developing a Recommendation profile to determine variations needed when the Evidence Consumer is a guideline developer.
Security and Privacy Considerations
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.