Virtual FHIR Connectathon
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Important notes:
- 3 Themes
- 4 Connectathon Organization
- 5 Connectathon Planning Team
- 6 Enrollment
- 7 Connectathon track scenarios
- 8 Outcomes
- 9 Other References
(This page is under construction and contains information that is still subject to update and correction.) This page describes the first FHIR Virtual Connectathon that will be held on Wednesday July 13 (11am - 5pm++ EST) hosted by Cambia.
The meeting will be held on the hosted Skype meeting call.
Active Connectathon Calls all times PST
8am to 2pm Main call 1-800-406-9547 ID= 730216 https://meet.cambiahealth.com/david.degandi/V8P6SHWD
10am FHIR Architectural discussion open forum Call 1-800-406-9547 ID=7952472 https://meet.cambiahealth.com/david.degandi/9QW10YRD
- Please note virtual pizza will be provided.
The following are the themes for the Connectathon. Each item links to the original proposal, with the coordinators name and email on the linked page. More details on each track appear in this document.
To assist with management on the day, participants are *strongly encouraged* to add their name to the Tracking Document.
The connectathon will be held over 1 day. It is intended for participants to test and develop software in an informal way. Test servers will be available (actually, they are already - FHIR Test Servers ).
This is the first FHIR Virtual Connectathon.
The connectathon will start Wednesday July 13 at 11AM and run until 4PM EST with a wrap up from 4PM to 5PM. Dave DeGandi will facilitate and host a Skype meeting with screen share from 11AM to 5:00PM EST, his will be the “Main Call” for the connectathon. It will be open mic where people can ask questions, share lessons, successes and address the entire group.
We will dynamically break out topic discussion threads as needed, these will be Cambia hosted lync meetings with chat, audio and screen share. People can join the threads which interest them. The Main call and the active break out thread discussions information will be maintained on the Tracking Document.
Connectathon Planning Team
If you or your company are interested in participating in the connectathon, please do the following.
- Read the Connectathon version of the FHIR Specification and the FHIR wiki if you haven't already done so, to become familiar with the concepts.
- Read the scenario descriptions below.
- Register to attend, and make sure to select the Connectathon option when you do
- Optionally add your details below (in the 'Registered Participants' section) to indicate the scenarios you intend to participate in
Space at the venue is limited, so please register as soon as possible. Preference will be given to those who are actually participating in the technical event, but observers are welcome if space permits.
For any queries, either contact a member of the planning team, or post your question in the FHIR list server
see the Tracking Document
see the Tracking Document
Connectathon track scenarios
This section lists the scenarios that are proposed for each track.
Note that this track - as with all tracks - will use the 'DSTU2' version of FHIR as described here. If you've been to a connectathon before and done this track, then you may need to change your code, as there have been many important changes to the specification.
Track 1 Virtual Patient track
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Version_2_-_FHIR_Mapping_Scenarios (Supporting the messaging interoperability paradigm)
Track 1 - Virtual Patient Track
Results by track
how many completed each track - clients & servers
what changes to the spec resulted from the connectathon?
Changes next time
Does the track need to be repeated next time? (Remember, there are lots to do!) If so, what would be changed?
anything else - what worked, what didn't could the overall organization be changed
- Other FHIR Connectathons:
- 1st FHIR Connectathon (8 Sept. 2012 - Baltimore MD, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 2 (12/13 Jan. 2013 - Phoenix AZ, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 3 (4/5 May 2013 - Atlanta GA, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 4 (21/22 Sept. 2013 - Cambridge MA, USA)
- FHIR Mini Connectathon (Oct. 2013 - Sydney, Australia)
- FHIR Connectathon 5 (18/19 Jan. 2014 - San Antonio TX, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 6 (3/4 Jan. 2014 - Phoenix, Arizona, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 7 (September. 2014 - Chicago, IL, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 8 (January 2015 - San Antonio, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 9 (May 2015 - Paris, France)
- FHIR Connectathon 11 (Jan 2016 - Orlando, FL, USA)