Virtual FHIR Connectathon
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Important notes:
- 3 Themes
- 4 Connectathon Organization
- 5 Connectathon Planning Team
- 6 Enrollment
- 7 Connectathon track scenarios
- 8 Outcomes
- 9 Other References
(This page is under construction and contains information that is still subject to update and correction.) This page describes the first FHIR Virtual Connectathon that will be held on Wednesday July 13 (11am - 5pm++ EST) hosted by Cambia.
The meeting will be held on the hosted Skype meeting call.
- Please note virtual pizza will be provided.
The following are the themes for the Connectathon. Each item links to the original proposal, with the coordinators name and email on the linked page. More details on each track appear in this document.
To assist with management on the day, participants are *strongly encouraged* to add their name to the participants tab of the QQQQ Tracking Spreadsheet as soon as we get oneQQQQ.
The connectathon will be held over 1 day. It is intended for participants to test and develop software in an informal way. Test servers will be available (actually, they are already - FHIR Test Servers ), but some participants may bring other servers along depending on the actors they are fulfilling. Sunday is the morning only, and has 2 parts:
- the formal testing part
- a mini-showcase where participants can demonstrate their work to the others
Each stream has a coordinator. The nominated coordinator's responsibilities:
- In the lead up to the connectathon: track participants, respond to queries about scenarios, connect participants to each other
- During the connectathon act as a test mediator / progress tracker
- track emergent issues that should be fed back to the committees
Connectathon Planning Team
- Jin Yang, Cambia Health Solutions
If you or your company are interested in participating in the connectathon, please do the following.
- Read the Connectathon version of the FHIR Specification and the FHIR wiki if you haven't already done so, to become familiar with the concepts.
- Read the scenario descriptions below.
- Register to attend the WGM, and make sure to select the Connectathon option when you do
- Optionally add your details below (in the 'Registered Participants' section) to indicate the scenarios you intend to participate in
Space at the venue is limited, so please register as soon as possible. Preference will be given to those who are actually participating in the technical event, but observers are welcome if space permits.
For any queries, either contact a member of the planning team, or post your question in the FHIR list server
see the Tracking Spreadsheet
see the Tracking Spreadsheet
Connectathon track scenarios
This section lists the scenarios that are proposed for each track.
Note that this track - as with all tracks - will use the 'DSTU2' version of FHIR as described here. If you've been to a connectathon before and done this track, then you may need to change your code, as there have been many important changes to the specification.
Track 1 Virtual Patient track
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Version_2_-_FHIR_Mapping_Scenarios (Supporting the messaging interoperability paradigm)
Track x - TrackName
Results by track
how many completed each track - clients & servers
what changes to the spec resulted from the connectathon?
Changes next time
Does the track need to be repeated next time? (Remember, there are lots to do!) If so, what would be changed?
anything else - what worked, what didn't could the overall organization be changed
- Other FHIR Connectathons:
- 1st FHIR Connectathon (8 Sept. 2012 - Baltimore MD, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 2 (12/13 Jan. 2013 - Phoenix AZ, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 3 (4/5 May 2013 - Atlanta GA, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 4 (21/22 Sept. 2013 - Cambridge MA, USA)
- FHIR Mini Connectathon (Oct. 2013 - Sydney, Australia)
- FHIR Connectathon 5 (18/19 Jan. 2014 - San Antonio TX, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 6 (3/4 Jan. 2014 - Phoenix, Arizona, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 7 (September. 2014 - Chicago, IL, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 8 (January 2015 - San Antonio, USA)
- FHIR Connectathon 9 (May 2015 - Paris, France)
- FHIR Connectathon 11 (Jan 2016 - Orlando, FL, USA)