VirtualMedicalDevice FHIR Profile Proposal
- 1 VirtualMedicalDevice
- 1.1 Profile Details
- 1.2 Ownership
- 1.3 Plans
Constraints to be Applied
- parent = Resource(MedicalDeviceSystem)
Extensions to be Applied
- A plugin module (virtual medical device) from a patient monitoring system containment tree.
Scope of coverage
The VirtualMedicalDevice profile describes the characteristics, operational status and capabilities of a medical-related subsystem. It can either be a physical hardware piece or a pure software plugin component of a medical device.
For the initial scope, this VirtualMedicalDevice profile is only applicable to describe a single VMD node represents in the containment tree that is produced by the context scanner in any medical device that implements or derives from the ISO/IEEE 11073 standard.
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- Center for Medical Interoperability will be in collaboration with Dräger Medical to work on the profile definition for VirtualMedicalDevice.
FHIR Profile Development Project Insight ID
- Ballot with next FHIR DSTU or Normative Edition
- or Ballot independently as DSTU
- or Realm specific ballot
- or No Ballot
Desired Ballot Date