Version 2 - FHIR Mapping Scenarios
The testing scenarios below are in preparation for FHIR CAT #9 in Paris.
- demographics/visit query according to IHE ITI specs, round tripping of query and response
ADT messages: a sequence comprised of A31, A01, A02, A08, A03 trigger events.
- The sequence A31-A01-A02 will contain 2 allergies, A08 drops one allergy (A08 and A03 only contain 2 allergies). This is a both a challenge for the receiver/server (it has to detect that one allergy has been dropped from the message -compared to the previous message about the same patient and encounter-, and that an allergy has to be deleted) as well as for the sender/client (it has to ensure unique resource.ids are used, even though HL7v2 has no unique resource.ids).
- Note: messaging is based (by default) on 'snapshot mode', i.e. one should always send all available information. In HL7v2 a few segments have been extended to support the concept of 'update mode' (with unique identifiers), this is however not the case when it comes to the AL1 allergy segment.
- A31 is a new resource, remaining events are mostly updates on existing resources. This is a challenge for the sender/client (it has to ensure unique resource.ids are used, even though HL7v2 has no unique resource.ids)
Lab results: a sequence comprised of ORU temporary result, and ORU final result. Chem tests.
- This requires updating of existing resources, which is a challenge in that there are no unique resource.ids in HL7 v2.
Microbiology Results (advanced)
Microbiology results: ORL.
- This requires that one links observations related to the organisms with observations related to the susceptabilities of those organisms to antobiotics.