Version 2 - FHIR Mapping Scenarios
The testing scenarios below are in preparation for FHIR CAT #9 in Paris.
ADT messages: a sequence comprised of A31, A01, A02, A08, A03 trigger events.
- The sequence A31-A01-A02 will contain 2 allergies, A08 drops one allergy (A08 and A03 only contain 2 allergies). This is a challenge in that one allergy has to be deleted. (A similar issue could easily happen when it comes to the number of NK1 segments)
- A31 is a new resource, remaining events are mostly updates on existing resources. This is a challenge in that there are no unique resource.ids in HL7 v2.
- Simone: That would mean that the submitting client has to make the FHIR server purge all Allergies before processing any A08 message since we'll never know *which* Allergy has been deleted.
- Rene: Or (but this may take a server side transaction [I'm stil reading the FHIR messaging spec]) the server/receiver will have to be smart enough to purge the 'dropped allergy'. The need to purge one allergy is implied because of the snapshot nature of messaging.
Lab results: a sequence comprised of ORU temporary result, and ORU final result. Chem tests.
- This requires updating of existing resources, which is a challenge in that there are no unique resource.ids in HL7 v2.
Microbiology Results (advanced)
Microbiology results: ORL.
- This requires that one links observations related to the organisms with observations related to the susceptabilities of those organisms to antobiotics.