V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20110722

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 02:45, 12 August 2011 by Astechishin (talk | contribs) (→‎Agenda)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2011-10-29
Time: 12:00-1:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Andy Stechishin (AS) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
Pete Gilbert (PG)
× Alexander Henket (AH) E.Novation
× Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC/CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Joginder Madra (JM) Gordon Point Informatics
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
Rob Savage (RS)
Michael Tan (MT) NICTIZ
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings July 15
  3. Discussion on SVN Strategy
  4. Publishing Request form
    • Add CMETs to template?
  5. Update on Reference by ID discussion
  6. Notes from Don Lloyd
  7. Around the table
  8. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
  9. Adjourn

Supporting Documents

  1. Publication Request Template

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda
    • Called to order 12:05 pm Eastern
    • AH wishes to add discussion on error identified in Normative materials
    • AK/GWB unanimous
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings July 15
    • Motion: Approve minutes as posted DL/GWB 3-0-1
  3. Discussion on SVN Strategy
    • Need to hear from Joshua Carmody what provider will allow us to do, will push to Future Business and continue until after ballot open and Normative Edition complete
  4. Publishing Request form
    • Should we add CMETs to template document?
    • GWB believes CMETs are balloted in separate package and work groups need to file 2 forms
    • AK is requesting that the description should be include the explicit identifiers of the CMETs being put up for ballot
    • Agreed when a group is ready for ballot and contents contain any common CMETs, Publishing Request should contain CMET name and Identifier for use by publishing
    • DL will take action to update the template
    • DL also suggested a change on the NIB form, GWB wonders if this is known at that time. DL noted that it was at times necessary to go back to ballot notices. Also it should be part of the announcement and assists in the management of the CMETs on an ongoing basis.
    • Motion: Amend the Publication Request Template to include a section for the formal identification of CMETs being published AK/GWB seconded with addition of update to NIB (AK accepts friendly amendment) unanimous
  5. Update on Reference by ID discussion
    • Gforge Request Items for V3 Generator and RMIM Designer
    • Mechanism is for use primarily by CMETs in Netherlands
    • GWB believes we should mark a model as 'Referencing by ID' and have that cascade. Can be added as a tag on the entry point and the generator would need to handle it. This would need to be done for ALL models (CMET, Wrappers, etc) within the generation
    • Within a realm the decision should be made to follow the Universal 'reference-by-name' or the 'reference-by-id' but NOT a combination of forms
    • Requests for work are recorded in the GForge tracker. When the new V3 Generator is delivered, this item will be done. Further discussion on the process and considerations occurred.
  6. Notes from Don Lloyd
    • No notes
  7. Around the table
    • AH
      • Vocabulary errors in PA models in Normative Edition
        • GWB: What sort of errors? Vocabulary bindings to Code Systems rather than Value Set
        • May not be substantive - errors are identified from publishing Q/A report
        • Error caused by use of uppercase 'X' in a value set identifier should be 'x_......"
      • Error existed previously (NE2010), as the current NE is almost ready to publish, this error is a technical correction and will be corrected once NE is complete. The Technical Correction version can then be published online at a later time and the NE2012 version will be correct.
      • Action: DL will let AH know when he has content ready for technical correction to proceed
  8. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
  9. Adjourned 1:16 pm Eastern.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • AS will produce chart/model/diagram to create a visual image of the Publishing Workflow
  • AS will get a GForge project for the Publishing facilitator Guide updates
  • DL will update the Publishing Request form and the Notice of Intent to Ballot form to include a CMET list
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .