User Interface for RIMBAA Applications
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How can we put a User Interface on a RIMBAA application?
- Can we reach the goal of sem-automatically generating a UI based on a CIM, with controls that are suitable for the (flavoured) data types being used, and bindings with value sets - validating the data that is entered according to the appopriate templates and OCL statements?
UI's will be based on the RO/CO or AO cells as defined in the Technology Matrix.
There are two (extreme) options:
- Dynamically (at run time) generate the UI based on a CIM/LIM-like definition
- Define the UI first (based on a set of very small CIM/LIMs??), bind elements in the UI to RO/CO/AO classes/attributes.
There are some known methods:
- One hospital uses an XSLT to transform HL7 v3 XML to a HTML interface (transform RS/CS to RO/CO to UI)
- Most will code a User Interface by hand and will use XPath to bind the data to the UI Components (create UI; map/bind elements from RO/CO/AO to UI elements)
- Some will use a tool like InfoPath
- Generate the User Interface at design-time (PHI) or at run-time (a RIMBAA run-time Engine?)
- Rene: you'll always need to do some pre-formatting, otherwise the generated layout may be quite nonsensical/counter intuitive for the human user.
- See also MIF>XForms https://xmlprocess.projects.openhealthtools.org/