Jump to navigation Jump to search
Resolution and Actions
20060630 MnM call:
- Woody agreed to take this up with publishing and work towards getting document updated
20060605 MnM call:
- Motion: (Woody Beeler): Accept the Wiki content as of 20060605 (see history page), in principle, and update this document in the near future to reflect:
- (a) the impact of this on the publication of schemas in ballots and Normative Editions;
- (b) its relationship to the process of artifact deprecation; and
- (c) include guidance to committees on when to create new interactions as opposed to simply creating new versions.
- Once updated, we will seek formal endorsement of the completed document on a subsequent call.
- Second (Connor) - 5-0-2)
- Comment: The second bullet "Non-semantically compatible changes ... could result in a mass version change ..." should probably be "Semantically backward compatible changes ... could result in a mass version change ..." since above it says "if not semantically backward compatible, you *must* assign a new identifier, not a new version." Marc de Graauw 9 Jul 2006
- In other words: a non-semantically bacwards compatible change to the infrastucture would have to result in new interactions, not in new versions of interactions. A non-semantically bacwards compatible change to the infrastucture results automatically in an interaction that is non-semantically bacwards compatible. It seems the above (approved) text has a logical flaw in it that has yet to be resolved. Rene spronk 23:23, 9 Jul 2006 (CDT)