Supply FHIR Resource Proposal
Owning committee name
Interested Work Groups
- Anatomic Pathology
- Clinical Genomics
- Imaging Integration
- Public Health and Emergency Response
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
DEFINITION (SUPPLY): The supply resource covers information needed for the ordering and distribution of supplies within a healthcare facility or office.
Scope Challenge: Should MedicationDispense use the supply resource?
- Role: Supply (classCode=SPLY, moodCode=EVN)
Supplies in healthcare are necessary for the tracking of delivery of materials to the patient's room, dispensing of medicinal products, etc.
Required for CCDA
- HL7 v3 Pharmacy Standard
- HL7 v2.x
- HL7 v3 Diet and Nutrition DAM
- Vote by WG (Ready for ballot): July 2013
- Ballot: September 2013
- Lorraine Constable
- Patrick Loyd
- Need to decide whether this gets merged with MedicationDispense. If not, need to define scope to explicitly exclude that (both scope & RIM mapping)
- Need to expand the description a little bit. Is this only for "supply to patient" or does it include any transfer of material within healthcare? Can it include patient transport? If not, where is that handled?
- Need relationships identified. (Particularly confused by ImagingStudy)
- Should look at NCPDP, probably OpenEHR, jurisdictional specifications (e.g. Vision dispense for pan-Canadian claims)