Supply FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 SupplyRequest
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Committee Approval Date:
- 1.3 Interested Work Groups
- 1.4 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.5 Scope of coverage
- 1.6 RIM scope
- 1.7 Resource appropriateness
- 1.8 Expected implementations
- 1.9 Content sources
- 1.10 Example Scenarios
- 1.11 Resource Relationships
- 1.12 Timelines
- 1.13 gForge Users
- 1.14 Issues
Owning committee name
Committee Approval Date:
Please enter the date that the committee approved this Resource proposal Jan 14, 2013
Interested Work Groups
- Patient Care
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
DEFINITION SupplyRequest: Originally proposed as a single resource "Supply", Supply was split into SupplyRequest and SupplyDelivery resources. The scope of the SupplyRequest resource is for recording the request of supplies used in the healthcare process. This includes supplies specifically used in the treatment of patients as well as supply movement within an institution (transport a set of supplies from materials management to a service unit (nurse station). This resource does not include the provisioning of transportation services. The SupplyRequest resource may be used to request medication, substances and devices when handling them generically (as any other supply) rather than being associated with a patient.
- Role: Supply (classCode=SPLY, moodCode=RQO )
Resource to record the request(order) of materials, devices, medications etc to the patient's room, ward, central supply etc are necessary in healthcare.
- Required for CCDA
- Record request substance and medications when context is generic -i.e. not specifically tied to a patient record.
- HL7 v3 Pharmacy Standard
- HL7 v2.x
- HL7 v3 Diet and Nutrition DAM
- IHE Pharmacy(PHARM) White Paper, Supply of Products for Healthcare
- Central supply at Acme Hospital is running low on widgets. EMH orders a widgets ‘XYZ’ for restock.
- Ballot: next ballot (Sept 2016?)
- Eric Haas
- Patrick Loyd
- Jose Costa Teixeira
- Need to determine boundaries and relationships with MedicationDispense and DeviceUseRequest and VisionPrescription.
- current ballot comment: Do the patient centric and bulk supply need different resources (current ballot comments)
- Align with Workflow Project
- RIM mappings needs completion and review
- Expand the description a little bit.
- Should look at IHE, NCPDP, probably OpenEHR, jurisdictional specifications (e.g. Vision dispense for pan-Canadian claims)