Difference between revisions of "Specimen FHIR Resource Proposal"
|Line 103:||Line 103:|
Revision as of 15:49, 8 May 2013
Owning committee name
Interested Work Groups
- Anatomic Pathology
- Clinical Genomics
- Imaging Integration
- Public Health and Emergency Response
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
DEFINITION (SPECIMEN): Any material sample:
- taken from a biological entity, living or dead, or
- taken from anything at a location (environmental)
- taken from a physical object
Biospecimen can contain one or more components including but not limited to cellular molecules, cells, tissues, organs, body fluids, embryos, and body excretory products (source: NCIt, modified).
The specimen resource covers substances used for diagnostic and environmental testing.
- Role: Specimen (RoleClass=SPM)
- Entity (player): Material (EntityClass="MAT")
- Entity (scoper): Choice - Person, Non-Human Living Subject, Material)
- Entity: Place (EntityClass="PLC")
Specimens are primarily of importance in healthcare for diagnostic testing and in public health for environmental testing. Because of the frequent biologic nature of specimens, they are uniquely identified. Additionally, specimens are tracked, transported, and stored, sometimes for years.
- HL7 v3 Laboratory Standard - Normative
- HL7 v2.x
- HL7 OO Specimen DAM Project
- Vote by WG (Ready for ballot): July 2013
- Ballot: September 2013
- Lorraine Constable
- Patrick Loyd