RnP Wednesday, May 27
Minutes for May 27
Attendees: Benjamin Flessner, Jyothi Mallampalli, George Cole, Russ Leftwich, John Snyder, Elitsa Evans, Diana Behling, Brett Marquard, Matt Rahn, Mark Pilley, Keith Boone, Donna Quirk, Thomson Kuhn, David Pyke (Cognaissance), Bonnie McAllister, Zach McQuiston, Vinayak Kulkarni, Dianna Dodd, Lisa Nelson, Julia Skapik, Robert Dieterle, Corey, Dianna Dodd
We reviewed the project presentation File:RnP.pptx
Who to Engage
Use Past Engagements as an example. Note: CIC is a co-sponsor of this project Make a list of organizations we would like to target:
- Medical Professional Societies
- Prioritizing those that have a designated informatics/standards/similar function (staff or committee).
- e.g., Health Story
- Provider Organizations – Referral Coordinators, Care Managers? have Specialist Requirements
Created a spreadsheet to capture list of organizations and contacts. Note: E-mail email@example.com for access, since it contains personal contact information I don't want to make this widely available via the web.
What to Engage about
How could most relevant and pertinent be automated?
- Current/Historical Status
- Time Frame
- Sampling Frequency [don’t need to know 4x a day for 6 weeks in hospital]
- Scope of Practice [inbound and outbound]
- Reason for Referral/Reason for Visit/Chief Complaint
- What are the contexts that we should consider? Kind of encounter? Specific to your specialty or of general use?
- Patient Age and Gender
What Data Elements to Consider
Common MU Data Set vs. Common Clinical Data Set What to do about information not in MU: Record for future dispositioning, not within project scope to address
Qualitative vs. Quantitative: How do we ask questions? Open ended or closed. I suggest open-ended, to be analyzed into computable results. Do we need some concrete use cases for Referral, Transfer of Care, Summary of Care? Need to capture priorities for data, including preferred ordering of information. ToDo: Create a place to capture questions.