Difference between revisions of "Relevant and Pertinent"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(136 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
= Project Description =
 +
Link to '''[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/structure/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1183 Project Description]''' as recorded on HL7 website.
 +
 +
= Final Report Drafts and Deliverables =
 +
'''FINAL VERSION, PUBLISHED [http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/product_brief.cfm?product_id=453 HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Clinical Summary Relevant and Pertinent Data, Release 1]'''
 +
<br>
 +
<br>
 +
'''[[file:CDAR2_IG_PATSUMRNP_R1_I1_2017JAN_Reconciliation.docx]]''' -- updated on March 9 Posted final version incorporating edits to address all comment dispositions, with change tracking ON and comments tracing back to ballot spreadsheet
 +
<br>
 +
<br>[[file:Relevant_and_Pertinent_Implementation_Guide.docx]] -- updated on December 1, 2016 (the final version from January 2017 ballot)
 +
<br>
 +
<br>
 +
'''[[file:CONSOLIDATED_ballotcomments_CDAR2_IG_PATSUMRNP_R1_I1_2017JAN.xlsx]]''' -- updated on March 9 2017, ballot reconciliation spreadsheet that received final approval (vote 18-0-0) on March 9th SDWG call. It has been posted to the HL7 balloting site as the reconciliation package.
 +
<br>
 +
<br>
 +
[[file:Relevant and Pertinent Findings and Recommendations.pptx]] -- Presentation for Baltimore WGM, updated on September 28, 2016
 +
<br><br>
 +
The original short survey itself [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=File:ShortSurvey.pdf Short Survey]
 +
<br><br>
 +
The original long survey [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=File:LongSurvey.pdf Long Survey/Interview]
 +
<br><br>
 +
 
= Meetings =
 
= Meetings =
 +
'''2016-17 MEETINGS'''
 +
<br>
 +
 +
The meetings below are listed in reverse chronological order (latest on top).
 +
<br>
 +
Ballot reconciliation meetings were held during the San Antonio Workgroup Meeting (January 19th, Q2 and Q4), and also on Feb. 2, 9, and 16.
 +
The call on Feb 16 only had one attendee (David Tao), who used the time to draft proposed dispositions to the remaining comments. These will be sent to the persons making the comments, prior to block vote. 
 +
Results of the January meetings, including voting, are documented in SDWG minutes. Results of Feb. 2, 9, and 16 are reflected in the amalgamated comment spreadsheet. Voting on February items will be deferred until block votes in a Thursday SDWG meeting after HIMSS.
 +
 +
*[[RnP Tuesday, November 15]], 2016.
 +
 +
*[[RnP Tuesday, October 25]], 2016.
 +
 +
*[[RnP Tuesday, October 18]], 2016.
 +
 +
*[[RnP Tuesday, October 4]], 2016
 +
 +
*[[RnP Tuesday, August 23]] and 30, 2016
 +
 +
*[[RnP Tuesday, August 9&16]], 2016
 +
 +
*[[RnP Tuesday, August 2]], 2016
 +
 +
*[[RnP Tuesday, July 12]], 2016
 +
 +
*[[RnP Tuesday, July 5]], 2016.  (includes links to draft RnP report document and PPT)
 +
 +
* RnP April 27, 2016. Brief call attended by David Tao, Corey Spears, and David Deroode. David T. gave Corey and David D. an overview of the "red deck" presentation. David D. works with Colorado RHIO, and new to RnP, but very interested in the results. CO RHIO is trying to make its C-CDAs as usable as possible and looking into better organization and display techniques. Corey suggested that we make the RnP information available to those participating in the C-CDA rendering challenge. David T. brought that suggestion to SDWG, and on April 30th sent materials to David Hamill to make available to the Rendering Challenge participants.
 +
* RnP March 30, 2016. Call held with Bob, David, Holly, and George. Bob will edit the "green deck" down to perhaps 8 slides, for presentation to Interop Experience Task Force (IXTF), highlighting major findings about irrelevance of too much past data (prior visits and hospitalizations), importance of better organization of display (including Table of Contents, Section Views), importance of better filtering at receiving end, difficulty of omitting data considered important even by a minority (30-40%) of receivers. Also we considered it valid to include observations based on the expertise and experience of the members, even if not directly derived from survey data. Bob will contact Jitin, suggesting the short presentation, accompanied by more detailed slides for additional info as needed.
 +
*[[RnP Wednesday, February 17, 2016]] -- Call cancelled. However, click the meeting link if you'd like to read observations and suggestions posted by David Tao.
 +
* RnP February 10th, call cancelled. David Tao, Scott Robertson, and Matt Rahn called in and talked for about 10 minutes, but when no one else joined we left. David will follow up with Keith and Bob to firm up future meetings. It was also suggested that the meetings be an hour rather than 30 minutes to allow more progress to be made, especially if we want to prepare a paper to be balloted in the Spring.
 +
* RnP February 3rd, call cancelled
 +
*[[RnP Wednesday, January 20, 2016]]
 +
 +
'''2015 MEETINGS'''
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, May 27]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, May 27]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, June 3]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, June 3]]
Line 8: Line 65:
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, July 8]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, July 8]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, July 15]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, July 15]]
*[[RnP Wednesday, July 22]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, July 29]]
 
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, August 5]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, August 5]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, August 26]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, August 26]]
Line 15: Line 70:
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, September 9]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, September 9]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, September 23]]
 
*[[RnP Wednesday, September 23]]
 +
<li>October 14th -- no meeting. A few individuals spoke on the phone, and the expectation was that meetings would be rescheduled to reach closure on the short survey (in process of being revised based on final feedback from some medical societies).
 +
<li>
 +
October 21st -- no meeting.
 +
<li>
 +
Nov 11th -- meeting was scheduled, but only George and David were on the call and spoke for a few minutes. David agreed to update the Wiki with the list of liaisons to organizations.
 +
<li>
 +
Nov 25 -- meeting was scheduled, but only Brett and David made it. Brett provided update on VA/DoD. They would like to respond to the survey, but not before their next CCDA committee meeting. Thus it may be difficult for them to get it done by December 23rd. David reported that he had also reached out to CHIME (upon suggestion from AHA), who plan to push the survey out at their next Washington debrief on December 7th. They don't expect a large number of responses, but still want to participate. Brett and David hoped that at the next RnP project team meeting, it could be decided when we will start analysis of the results (and hence when the survey should be closed).
 +
 +
<br>
 +
<br>
  
 
= Engagement Materials =
 
= Engagement Materials =
The presentation to explain the project is here [[File:RnP.pptx]]
+
The original presentation to explain the project is here [[File:RnP.pptx]]
 
 
A PDF of the long survey can be found here [[File:LongSurvey.pdf]]
 
  
The long survey can be taken here [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N5h4ME873SIuWiISmbG_c6v2RGRa3__p5z5CCbbtR7Q/viewform?usp=send_form Long Survey]
+
A short presentation that may assist in kickoff meetings is here [[File:RnP Launch Presentation 20151111.pptx]]
  
A PDF of the short survey can be found here [[File:ShortSurvey.pdf]]
+
Here is a sample cover letter that you may use or modify, to send to organizations that you are a liaison to. [[File:CCDA_RnP_Short_Survey_Communication1.docx]]
 +
==Long Survey==
 +
Only to be administered once per organization.
  
The short survey can be taken here [http://goo.gl/forms/d5h3cy0Zzv Short Survey]
+
A PDF of the long survey can be found here [[File:LongSurvey.pdf]]
 
 
=Questions to Address=
 
Insert your page listing questions to ask here! Then add your questions to that page. That way, people can provide different approaches without necessarily being influenced by what others have already done.
 
  
[[Keith's RnP Questions]]
+
The '''long survey (final)''' can be taken here '''[https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N5h4ME873SIuWiISmbG_c6v2RGRa3__p5z5CCbbtR7Q/viewform?usp=send_form Long Survey]'''
<br>[[George's RnP Questions]]
 
<br>[[David's RnP Questions]]
 
<br>[[Emma's RnP Questions]]
 
  
=Questionnaires/Surveys=
+
Update 1/6/2016: Keith says that 16 Long Surveys have been filled out, of which at least three are tests, so at least we received >10 long survey responses.
==June 10th -- initial review of questions==
 
[https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9s2w8-b67zsdXh5WHZycTZkNXc/view?usp=sharing First Draft of Questionnaire]
 
==August 5th -- 5-10 minute provider survey (OLD -- should we delete this?)==
 
Draft of short provider survey to be sent to large audience, created by Robert Dieterle, Dr. Russ Leftwich, Dr. Holly Miller
 
<br>
 
[http://goo.gl/forms/6FoOgzntSv '''Short Provider Survey''']
 
  
==August 26th - Long Survey==
+
==Short Survey ==
'''Still DRAFT'''
+
===Materials===
<br>
+
To be taken by individual clinicians.
[https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1N5h4ME873SIuWiISmbG_c6v2RGRa3__p5z5CCbbtR7Q/viewform '''Long Provider Survey''']
 
  
==September 17th - Short Survey (updated by Bob)==
+
A '''FINAL PDF''' of the short survey can be found here [[File:ShortSurvey.pdf]]. This is '''not''' to be used for conducting the survey, only for documentation purposes.
This is version V9.0 2015-09-16. '''STILL DRAFT''' – note: medications questions are in process per conversation with Holly.
 
<br>
 
[http://goo.gl/forms/d5h3cy0Zzv '''Updated Short Survey of Providers''']
 
  
=Reference Materials=
+
The '''short survey (final)''' can be taken here '''[http://goo.gl/forms/lIxMXfWb2c Short Survey]''' ('''FINAL''' version, updated October 30th). This is the general link that can be distributed to any provider wanting to take the survey EXCEPT for those in AAFP, ACP, AHA, and AMA organizations, which will each have their own link (distributed privately, not posted on this page)
[[Beacon Community EHR Affinity Domain]]
+
===Short Survey Results===
=Initial Communication Draft=
+
The following slide decks from Bob Dieterle were posted as of February 24th, 2016, with a significant update on March 12th. .
Dear [NAME]
 
  
As part of the HL7 drive to enhance global health data interoperability, the Structured Documents workgroup, in partnership with Clinical Interoperability Council and Patient Care workgroups, have launched a project to help reduce the information overload that can result from excessive detail in CCD/C-CDA document implementations as needed for meaningful use requirements.
+
Short Survey -- Final (all responses): the "Red deck" --  '''[[File:Relevant and Pertinent Short Survey segmented 1.1.ppt]]'''  -- Updated March 12th, 2016. This includes answers to several key questions segmented by primary care( Family/General Practice, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn), Internal Medicine, and Specialty Care.  Additional slides are included for: Receipt of ToC experience, Issues, Hospital Discharge sections (weighted averages), and Ambulatory Visit sections (weighted averages).  
  
This project’s was initiated by HL7 in response to feedback from providers about their experiences with the Transitions of Care objective as required in the CMS Meaningful Use incentive program. Many providers said that the Summary of Care Records (SOCR) that they have been receiving are not as useful as they would like. Among the issues raised were: too much information, SOCRs are too long, takes too long to find what is relevant and pertinent.  
+
Short Survey Summary: the "Green deck" --  '''[[File:Relevant and Pertinent Short Survey Summary.ppt]]''' -- updated July 11, 2016 (minor correction).
To accomplish this, we are conducting a study with practitioners and professional association members to identify what they believe is the more relevant and pertinent set of information that they would need for a health care encounter.  This gathered information will help the project create potential rules for what should be included in a response for healthcare information.
 
  
We would like your assistance in this endeavor. We would like to meet virtually to describe the purpose of the project and explain how to complete the survey. If you are then interested we would like you fill out a short questionnaire regarding what you feel are the most relevant and pertinent details you need in your encounters, this would help us help the healthcare industry.  We would then like to follow up in another virtual meeting refine and clarify the feedback we've collected.
+
Short Survey -- Final ('''only''' includes responses from those with experience receiving ToC documents): the "Blue deck" -- '''[[File:Relevant and Pertinent Short Survey -- received ToC only -- Final.ppt]]'''  
  
Please let us know if you will be able to help us help.
+
Slide deck and brief letter introducing the results of the short survey, explaining the above three decks. Sent to participants in the C-CDA Rendering Challenge in early May, 2016.  '''[[File:RnP_Results_Intro.ppt]]''' slides and '''[[File:RnP_Results_Intro_for_Rendering_Challenge.doc]]''' letter.
  
 +
Preliminary information as of the 1/20 meeting has been moved to the minutes of that meeting.
  
Sincerely,
+
== Liaisons to Organizations ==
 +
Listed alphabetically by organization. Members of the project team volunteered to be liaisons to reach out to professional societies and other organizations who have committed to the short and/or long surveys, or who are considering them. This list is based on discussions and minutes from September 23rd, but is not necessarily complete and may contain errors. Where known, the primary contact IN each organization is listed in parentheses.
 +
<ul>
 +
<li>American Association of Family Practitioners (AAFP) -- Bob Dieterle
 +
<li>American College of Physicians (ACP) -- Bob Dieterle
 +
<li>American Hospital Association (AHA) -- David Tao, Lisa Nelson  (AHA: Chantal Worzala)
 +
<li>American Medical Association (AMA) -- Bob Dieterle
 +
<li>CHIME -- David Tao (CHIME: Mari Savickis)
 +
<li>Department of Defense (DoD) -- Brett Marquard
 +
<li>EHR Association (EHRA) -- Keith Boone
 +
<li>Federal Health Architecture -- Keith Boone
 +
<li>Health Story Project -- Mark Roche, Lisa Nelson  (HSP: Mari Greenberger)
 +
<li>HIMSS Interoperability/HIE Committee -- Mark Roche (HIMSS IHIE: Mari Greenberger)
 +
<li>HIMSS Usability Committee -- Keith Boone
 +
<li>Taconic IPA -- Holly Miller
 +
<li>UPMC -- Keith Boone
 +
<li>Veterans Administration (VA) -- Brett Marquard
 +
</ul>
  
[SOMEBODY OF AUTHORITY]
+
== Background ==
 +
See [[RnP Development]] for Historical Materials

Latest revision as of 18:36, 18 May 2017

Project Description

Link to Project Description as recorded on HL7 website.

Final Report Drafts and Deliverables

FINAL VERSION, PUBLISHED HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Clinical Summary Relevant and Pertinent Data, Release 1

File:CDAR2 IG PATSUMRNP R1 I1 2017JAN Reconciliation.docx -- updated on March 9 Posted final version incorporating edits to address all comment dispositions, with change tracking ON and comments tracing back to ballot spreadsheet

File:Relevant and Pertinent Implementation Guide.docx -- updated on December 1, 2016 (the final version from January 2017 ballot)

File:CONSOLIDATED ballotcomments CDAR2 IG PATSUMRNP R1 I1 2017JAN.xlsx -- updated on March 9 2017, ballot reconciliation spreadsheet that received final approval (vote 18-0-0) on March 9th SDWG call. It has been posted to the HL7 balloting site as the reconciliation package.

File:Relevant and Pertinent Findings and Recommendations.pptx -- Presentation for Baltimore WGM, updated on September 28, 2016

The original short survey itself Short Survey

The original long survey Long Survey/Interview

Meetings

2016-17 MEETINGS

The meetings below are listed in reverse chronological order (latest on top).
Ballot reconciliation meetings were held during the San Antonio Workgroup Meeting (January 19th, Q2 and Q4), and also on Feb. 2, 9, and 16. The call on Feb 16 only had one attendee (David Tao), who used the time to draft proposed dispositions to the remaining comments. These will be sent to the persons making the comments, prior to block vote. Results of the January meetings, including voting, are documented in SDWG minutes. Results of Feb. 2, 9, and 16 are reflected in the amalgamated comment spreadsheet. Voting on February items will be deferred until block votes in a Thursday SDWG meeting after HIMSS.

  • RnP April 27, 2016. Brief call attended by David Tao, Corey Spears, and David Deroode. David T. gave Corey and David D. an overview of the "red deck" presentation. David D. works with Colorado RHIO, and new to RnP, but very interested in the results. CO RHIO is trying to make its C-CDAs as usable as possible and looking into better organization and display techniques. Corey suggested that we make the RnP information available to those participating in the C-CDA rendering challenge. David T. brought that suggestion to SDWG, and on April 30th sent materials to David Hamill to make available to the Rendering Challenge participants.
  • RnP March 30, 2016. Call held with Bob, David, Holly, and George. Bob will edit the "green deck" down to perhaps 8 slides, for presentation to Interop Experience Task Force (IXTF), highlighting major findings about irrelevance of too much past data (prior visits and hospitalizations), importance of better organization of display (including Table of Contents, Section Views), importance of better filtering at receiving end, difficulty of omitting data considered important even by a minority (30-40%) of receivers. Also we considered it valid to include observations based on the expertise and experience of the members, even if not directly derived from survey data. Bob will contact Jitin, suggesting the short presentation, accompanied by more detailed slides for additional info as needed.
  • RnP Wednesday, February 17, 2016 -- Call cancelled. However, click the meeting link if you'd like to read observations and suggestions posted by David Tao.
  • RnP February 10th, call cancelled. David Tao, Scott Robertson, and Matt Rahn called in and talked for about 10 minutes, but when no one else joined we left. David will follow up with Keith and Bob to firm up future meetings. It was also suggested that the meetings be an hour rather than 30 minutes to allow more progress to be made, especially if we want to prepare a paper to be balloted in the Spring.
  • RnP February 3rd, call cancelled
  • RnP Wednesday, January 20, 2016

2015 MEETINGS

  • October 14th -- no meeting. A few individuals spoke on the phone, and the expectation was that meetings would be rescheduled to reach closure on the short survey (in process of being revised based on final feedback from some medical societies).
  • October 21st -- no meeting.
  • Nov 11th -- meeting was scheduled, but only George and David were on the call and spoke for a few minutes. David agreed to update the Wiki with the list of liaisons to organizations.
  • Nov 25 -- meeting was scheduled, but only Brett and David made it. Brett provided update on VA/DoD. They would like to respond to the survey, but not before their next CCDA committee meeting. Thus it may be difficult for them to get it done by December 23rd. David reported that he had also reached out to CHIME (upon suggestion from AHA), who plan to push the survey out at their next Washington debrief on December 7th. They don't expect a large number of responses, but still want to participate. Brett and David hoped that at the next RnP project team meeting, it could be decided when we will start analysis of the results (and hence when the survey should be closed).

    Engagement Materials

    The original presentation to explain the project is here File:RnP.pptx

    A short presentation that may assist in kickoff meetings is here File:RnP Launch Presentation 20151111.pptx

    Here is a sample cover letter that you may use or modify, to send to organizations that you are a liaison to. File:CCDA RnP Short Survey Communication1.docx

    Long Survey

    Only to be administered once per organization.

    A PDF of the long survey can be found here File:LongSurvey.pdf

    The long survey (final) can be taken here Long Survey

    Update 1/6/2016: Keith says that 16 Long Surveys have been filled out, of which at least three are tests, so at least we received >10 long survey responses.

    Short Survey

    Materials

    To be taken by individual clinicians.

    A FINAL PDF of the short survey can be found here File:ShortSurvey.pdf. This is not to be used for conducting the survey, only for documentation purposes.

    The short survey (final) can be taken here Short Survey (FINAL version, updated October 30th). This is the general link that can be distributed to any provider wanting to take the survey EXCEPT for those in AAFP, ACP, AHA, and AMA organizations, which will each have their own link (distributed privately, not posted on this page)

    Short Survey Results

    The following slide decks from Bob Dieterle were posted as of February 24th, 2016, with a significant update on March 12th. .

    Short Survey -- Final (all responses): the "Red deck" -- File:Relevant and Pertinent Short Survey segmented 1.1.ppt -- Updated March 12th, 2016. This includes answers to several key questions segmented by primary care( Family/General Practice, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn), Internal Medicine, and Specialty Care. Additional slides are included for: Receipt of ToC experience, Issues, Hospital Discharge sections (weighted averages), and Ambulatory Visit sections (weighted averages).

    Short Survey Summary: the "Green deck" -- File:Relevant and Pertinent Short Survey Summary.ppt -- updated July 11, 2016 (minor correction).

    Short Survey -- Final (only includes responses from those with experience receiving ToC documents): the "Blue deck" -- File:Relevant and Pertinent Short Survey -- received ToC only -- Final.ppt

    Slide deck and brief letter introducing the results of the short survey, explaining the above three decks. Sent to participants in the C-CDA Rendering Challenge in early May, 2016. File:RnP Results Intro.ppt slides and File:RnP Results Intro for Rendering Challenge.doc letter.

    Preliminary information as of the 1/20 meeting has been moved to the minutes of that meeting.

    Liaisons to Organizations

    Listed alphabetically by organization. Members of the project team volunteered to be liaisons to reach out to professional societies and other organizations who have committed to the short and/or long surveys, or who are considering them. This list is based on discussions and minutes from September 23rd, but is not necessarily complete and may contain errors. Where known, the primary contact IN each organization is listed in parentheses.

    • American Association of Family Practitioners (AAFP) -- Bob Dieterle
    • American College of Physicians (ACP) -- Bob Dieterle
    • American Hospital Association (AHA) -- David Tao, Lisa Nelson (AHA: Chantal Worzala)
    • American Medical Association (AMA) -- Bob Dieterle
    • CHIME -- David Tao (CHIME: Mari Savickis)
    • Department of Defense (DoD) -- Brett Marquard
    • EHR Association (EHRA) -- Keith Boone
    • Federal Health Architecture -- Keith Boone
    • Health Story Project -- Mark Roche, Lisa Nelson (HSP: Mari Greenberger)
    • HIMSS Interoperability/HIE Committee -- Mark Roche (HIMSS IHIE: Mari Greenberger)
    • HIMSS Usability Committee -- Keith Boone
    • Taconic IPA -- Holly Miller
    • UPMC -- Keith Boone
    • Veterans Administration (VA) -- Brett Marquard

    Background

    See RnP Development for Historical Materials