Relationship between a section and its entries
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Relationship between an entry and its narrative text. (not about relationships bewteen entries, or between entries and "objects external to the document"). See 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
Narrative to entry
- content: The CDA <content> element is used to wrap a string of text so that it can be explicitly referenced, or so that it can suggest rendering characteristics. The <content> element can nest recursively, which enables wrapping a string of plain text down to as small a chunk as desired.
- renderMultiMedia: What, if anything, do the renderMultimedia XML tags in a narrative block encapsulate?
- linkHTML: What, if anything, do the linkHTML XML tags in a narrative block encapuslate?
Entry to narrative
- The originalText component of a RIM attribute present in any CDA entry can make explicit reference to the identifier (contained in a content element in the narrative block), thereby indicating the original text associated with the attribute in the CDA entry.
- In the case of DRIV, is there an expectation (should it be required) that content tags be used in the generated narrative at the same level of granularity as the data contained in the Entries?
- coded_datatype.orignalText is "The text or phrase used as the basis for the coding", "The original text exists in a scenario where an originator of the information does not assign a code, but where the code is assigned later by a coder (post-coding.) NOTE: The original text property is not meant to be a link into the entire source document. The link between different artifacts of medical information (e.g., document and coded result) is outside the scope of this specification and is maintained elsewhere in the HL7 standards. The original text is an excerpt of the relevant information in the original sources, rather than a pointer or exact reproduction. Thus the original text is to be represented in plain text form"
- which suggests a partcular relationship bewteen the text encapsulated between content tags,
- in the case of DRIV, originalText doesn't seem applicable. If we want to link from en entry to the fragment of text that was generated based on that entry, we'd either need a new mechanism or the definition of originalText will need to be changed.