RIMBAA in the HL7 Roadmap
The 2012 HL7 Roadmap defines a number of priorities.
The main RIMBAA WG efforts fit within strategy 3 (below).
- The collection and publication of a set of best practices (or: implementation patterns) related to the implementation of HL7's standards, and
- Working with third parties to create re-usable software components and tools to facilitate an easier implementation process for future implementers.
- (2012) STRATEGY 3 - HL7 Implementation: Develop standards that are easier to implement and more responsive to customer needs
- 2.3.2 (2012) HL7 Standards implementation has gotten easier. Description: "Implementation" refers to the use of HL7 material in the development of software applications and messaging systems, for the exchange of health information.
- 2.3.4 (2012) Tooling strategy has been developed. Description: Efficiency in HL7 implementation is supported by tools. ... Componets of a tooling strategy include, but are not limited to, prioritization of new tool development vs. ongoing support of existing tools, process for evaluating and incorporating externally developed tools.
To a lesser degree RIMBAA represents the HL7 v3 implementer community in the standards development process. RIMBAA does provide feedback and new proposals based on implementation experiences (e.g. the new Context Conduction, RIM ITS).
- (2012) STRATEGY 1
- 2.1.5 (2012) Key stakeholder groups have been identified, with value propositions and action plans for engaging each group. Description: Groups that play a valuable role in the development of HL7 standards, whether through technical development, functional requirement identification, etc, have been defined. There is a written plan that describes how HL7 will seek to engage and involve each group in the standards development process.