RIMBAA 201309 Agenda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the agenda of the RIMBAA WG for the September 2013 WGM in Cambridge.
Monday Q3 (13:45-15:00)
- Administrative items (max 30 minutes)
- Agenda approved, with additional May out of cycle discussion
- Approval of Atlanta WGM Minutes
- Motion to approve minutes of the Atlanta meeting (Andy/Peter), 3-0-1 (y/n/abst)
- Approval of November Out of Cycle meeting
- Discussion of a May out-of-cycle
- RIMBAA name change - discussion did not occur in Atlanta (time permitting, max 10 minutes)
- HL7v2 and CDA Implementation Bundles (Rene Spronk)
- FHIR is published in such a way, and combined with reference implementations etc. that appeal to software implementers. On hindsight, what would a HL7v2 (or: CDA) Implementation Bundle look like ? Should we as HL7 offer such 'bundles' for download?
- Example: The HL7v2 Implementation Bundle could consist of the HL7v2 spec (in HTML) format, v2 examples, the HAPI/nHAPI toolkits, the v2 XML schema, the v2 database (with definition of message structures).
- Discussion: what exactly would we like to see in a v2 bundle? Or a CDA bundle?
Wednesday Q4 (15:30-17:00)
- Charlie McCay, Michael van der Zel, Peter Hendler, Rene Spronk, Gordon Raup, Brian Peck, Carmela Coudeau, Micheal Rossman, Rob Hausam, Willem Dijkstra, David Markwell, Justin Fyfe, William Goossen, Duane Bender, Lisa Spellman, Andy S.
- Rene calls to order at 15:31
- Agenda approval
- Rene: the board has created a User Group taskforce to come up with ideas on how to set up user groups. There are no real plans yet, but they intent to pilot the mechanism/structure with 1 or 2 user groups. I suggested they'd pilot their work with two user groups: a user group that has yet to be created from scratch, and one that effectively already is up and running (but can always be improved upon): AID (ex-RIMBAA). I haven't committed us to anything, but I feel it's an opportunity to improve/expand our offerings.
- MOTION "To revisit the motion related to a new name for this WG made on Monday, and to follow the recommendation of the FTSD steering division in renaming this WG to Application Implementation and Design (AID)"
- Moved by Peter/Justin, accepted 9-0-2.
- Kaiser's Clinical Ontology (OWL) Modeling KCOM (Peter Hendler/Mike Rossman, see xxxxxxxx for presentation).
- Topics coveredWhat is OWL and how is it related to UML and OO?
- What do you gain with Open World Description Logic, Reasoners and Inferencing?
- What happens if you try to move the HL7 RIM to OWL?
- How do you capture clinical specialists domain knowledge in an Ontological OWL model? How can you represent these models in UML and in tabular Excel format?
- Questions/discussion points:
- Implementation Bundles (time permitting)
- Continuation of the discussion held on Monday
Thursday Q3 (13:45-15:00) - joint with Tooling WG
RIMBAA Hosting Tooling
- How Domain Driven Design and Event Souring (CQRS) uses RIM.
- Will explain the difference between a transactional model like RIM with, for example data warehouse model.
- George de la Torre presenting