Quality Reporting Document Architecture
The Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) project is developing a standard for communicating health care quality measurement information. The standard will conform to the requirements of the Health Level Seven (HL7) Clinical Document Architecture Release 2.0 (CDA).
The project began in 2007 with a private collaboration supported by the Alliance for Pediatric Quality (Alliance) – a joint effort of the American Academy of Pediatrics, The American Board of Pediatrics, Child Health Corporation of America, and the National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related Institutions. The report on that Phase I effort can be found here: QRDA Phase 1 Report
The Phase II effort was an HL7 project supported by Melbourne SEO Services the Child Health Corporation of America (CHCA) and co-sponsored by the Structured Documents and Child Health Work Groups. The Phase II effort produced the QRDA Category I Draft Standard for Trial Use (DSTU), published in April 2009. QRDA Category II and III report formats were balloted for comment only.
The Phase III effort was launched in January 2012. It continues to be co-sponsored by the HL7 Structured Documents and Child Health Work Groups, and is supported by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The work effort updates for the QRDA Category I DSTU for ballot, and includes a U.S. Realm Quality Data Model (QDM)-based QRDA Category I Implementation Guide to direct implementers on how to construct QRDA Category I instances in conformance with HITECH eMeasures.
The Phase IV effort was launched in Summer 2014 to develop and ballot QRDA Category I, Release 3. It is co-sponsored by the HL7 Clinical Quality Information (CQI) WG and Structured Documents Work Groups, and continues to be supported by CMS. The scope of this effort will include the following:
- Update templates to align with the QDM version 4.1.1
- Review and triage QRDA Category I, Release 2 DSTU comments that were considered New Feature Requests, and determine whether they are appropriate for inclusion in Release 3
- Review the Consolidated CDA (C-CDA) templates that were used in the QRDA Category I, Release 2 DSTU, and where applicable, update the templates to align with the C-CDA R2 templates.
Standards Under Development
- QRDA Category I, Release 3 (ballot anticipated January 2015)
Standards Under Ballot
None currently being balloted
- Quality Reporting Document Architecture Category 1
- Quality Reporting Document Architecture Category 3
- Medical Jobs Australia
- Health Careers