Project team NI2016:20150501 minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


William opened the meeting and welcomes everyone that is present. The meeting was arranged in the last minute, so not everyone could join. From now on we have conference calls every week on Monday, 9.00 pm CET, or 3.00 pm EST. He will ask Sandy and/or Joyce to set up the meetings, since our GoTo Meeting only excepts small groups.


    • The HL7 TSC approved the PSS on the NI2016 Showcase project.
    • HIMSS has set up a project plan on Basecamp. Everyone involved in the project got an invitation to access Basecamp.

Activities in the project plan

We went through the activities mentioned on Basecamp.Had discussions and answered questions on these.

    • Are we going to use only HL7 standards or also, for example, ISO standards? This could be any standard ISO, CEN, HL7, Terminology. However, an IHE profile will be used. Also, what vendors has been implemented so far is guiding the use of the standards.
    • Are there any ideas to invite vendors?
    • Russ has read that we are looking for a Buzz word. Words that were brought forward are Integration, is poorly defined, what is it, why do we need it, how do we accomplish etc. Also Mobile Health, Patient input were mentioned. William added this discussion on Basecamp. Please help John to come up with a appropriate Buzz word.
    • Are there any additions to the To Do List? Possible use cases were mentioned: Pediatric Immunizations (Patient Care), CDA on immunizations, Care/ disease Management. Of some of them the status within HL7 is unclear.
    • Marketing: how to communicate with the stakeholders? HIMSS is supporting this and will use their channels. Russ also mentioned the start of HIMSS nursing informatics group: HIMSS interoperability and standards around care coordination. (Maria Thornblad, Russ Leftwich, & 40 people). William will contact them (see discussion item on Basecamp). Also communication by the NI2016 website. Anneke will create a short article on the NI2016 Showcase for the HL7 News.

Next meeting

Monday May 25th (this was cancelled, because it was a holiday).

We will meet Monday June 1. HIMSS (Sandy & Joyce will provide the meeting information).


Attending Name Initiaal Company/Affiliation Email Address
Present Goossen, William WG Results 4 Care, IMIA NI Representative NL
Present Goossen, Anneke AG Results 4 Care
Absent Hardiker, Nicholas NH Professor of Nursing and Health Informatics, Associate Head (Research & Innovations) School of Nursing, Midwifery, Social Work & Social Sciences
Absent Heermann Langford, Laura LH Director of Nursing Informatics, Intermountain Healthcare, Co-chair HL7 Patient Care and Emergency WG, IHE Patient Care Coordination, PCC
Absent Van Dyke, Patricia PD Director, EDI, HL7 Co-chair EHR WG
Absent Reeves, Dianne DR NIH/NCI, HL7 Co-chair Clinical Interoperability Council (CIC)
Absent Frean, Isobel IF Head of Health Infomatics, Corporate Medical, Bupa
Absent Jones, Emma EJ Senior Business Analyst at Allscripts
Absent Weber, Patrick PW Nice Computing, NI2016 Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
Present Sensmeier, Joyce JS VP Informatics at HIMSS, NI2016 Supportive committee
Absent Hübner, Ursula Hertha UB Prof. Dr. bei Fachhochschule Osnabrück, Germany
Absent Sharma, Rajendra RS The Coding Institute
Absent Whitewood-Moores, Zac ZWM Health and Social Care Information Centre
Absent Taylor, Sheryl ST Booz Allen Hamilton
Absent Vance, Sandra SV HIMSS
Absent Leftwich, Russ RL TN eHealth
Absent Rubini, Juliet JR Mathematica
Absent Dolin, Gaye GD Intelligent Medical Objects, IMO
Absent Hammond, Ed EH Duke University
Present Hatem, John GD Director, Healthcare Product Strategy, Oracle Corporation - Healthcare
Present Dodd, Dianna DD Solution Designer at Cerner Corporation
Present Campbell, Susan E. SC PhD, RN-BC(NI), CPHQ, CCM, CIC, Clinical Informaticist
Present Leftwich, Russ RL Co-Founder and Co Chair Learning Health Systems Work Group (LHSWG) at Health Level Seven International ??
Present Sipes, Carolyn CS ?? ??