Procedure FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 Procedure
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
Owning committee name
(Temporarily managed by FHIR Code with review from Patient care)
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
An action that is performed on a patient. This can be a physical 'thing' like an operation, or less invasive like counselling or hypnotherapy.
An Act whose immediate and primary outcome (post-condition) is the alteration of the physical condition of the subject. Used to record the details of procedures performed on a patient. This includes surgical procedures, diagnostic procedures, endoscopic precedures, biopsies. It excludes things for which there are specific resources, such as immunizations, drug administrations
Procedures are a common activity within medical practice and recorded by most EMR systems.
A part of CCDA so can be expected to be implemented by most systems that support this. There are many specialist systems (particularly for surgical procedures) that record details of procedures.
CCDA, openEHR, existing systems
The procedure resource is linked to:
- Patient resource as the subject
- Practitioner resource as the author
- DiagnosticReport for the report of the procedure
- Procedure/MedicationPrescription as related resources
It is likely the Specimen will also be included once that resource is specified.
Expected to be balloted DSTU in September 2013